Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to drive the car and pressing the remote open button the doors and wouldn't unlock the doors. Used the key to open the door and when I tried to start the car the antitheft alarm goes off, Started the car and the alarm stayed on. Turned off and restarted the same thing.

Looking around I noticed the radio will not turn on. If I use the manual unlock it works only on that one door and the elect lock/unlock doesn't work. I pulled the fuse for the horn and the car started, without the horn going off, but the hazard lights blinked.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
3,045 Posts
Welcome to the forum! On my '07 you have to push the unlock twice to unlock all doors and hatch and shut off alarm. Also twice to set it when locking. These settings may be configurable. See your owner's manual for those instructions. Otherwise, a sudden unexplained change can indicate a loose battery terminal or ground connection issue. Also, FYI, we Gen 3 owners are lucky enough to be able to still get a Honda Factory Service Manual. I got mine off eBay, on disc, in pdf form, for about $45. It's over 3,200 pages and gives extensive troubleshooting and repair procedures for literally every system on the car. Mine has easily paid for itself already several times over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing that happens when I push the button on the remote is the little red light goes on, it doesn't lock or unlock the doors no matter how many times I press it.

When I try to start the car with the key that anti-theft alarm goes off.

·
3,045 Posts
You may need a new battery in your key fob.

·
Registered
149 Posts
As far as I know when the battery (The battery in the engine bay not your key fob) isn't holding a good charge. When the vehicle is unlocked with the key fob the siren sounds continuously and cannot be stopped.

This is normal when the battery has low voltage or is dead, when you unlock the car with your fob , it sends the signal to the MICU(Multiplex Integrated Control System ) to unarm the car,but when it senses low voltage from the battery it goes into a loop.Due to this low battery voltage the MICU is unable to communicate with the Alarm Control Siren(ACS) to signal it to disarm it.

Because the MICU and ACS now have different armed/unarmed status the siren will sound using its backup battery and will continue so long as the MICU and ACS remain in different armed status.

The Fix

You need to charge that battery up to full charge. Then lock the vehicle with the key fob.Wait, approximately 15 seconds, for communication to be established between the MICU and ACS. The indicators will flash rapidly to indicate when you see this both MICU and ACS are in sync

·
3,045 Posts
Backup battery? Well, I ain't never. First I've ever heard of such. Maybe it's a UK thing? Never seen it in the US.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Backup battery? Well, I ain't never. First I've ever heard of such. Maybe it's a UK thing? Never seen it in the US.
Hello, Think you may have read it wrong - I said (The battery in the engine bay not your key fob

But please let me try and explain a little better – The backup battery is the power retained in the ECM / Alarm software to function – I liken it to the alarm on your house, if the main power goes down then then backup battery will activate the alarm.

Hope the above helps you understand

·
3,045 Posts
Hello, Think you may have read it wrong - I said (The battery in the engine bay not your key fob

But please let me try and explain a little better – The backup battery is the power retained in the ECM / Alarm software to function – I liken it to the alarm on your house, if the main power goes down then then backup battery will activate the alarm.

Hope the above helps you understand
Oh, I didn't misunderstand, though you might have. I've been doing mechanic work since the 1960's. When I said the battery in the key fob, I meant it. When the car's battery goes dead, it's just dead. There is no backup battery or other power storage/retention of any kind that I've ever heard of or seen on any vehicle, including the CR-V. Unless, of course, it is added as a part of some aftermarket alarm system. But I've never seen such a system as that either. Which is why I mentioned that if such a thing exists, it must be only in the UK. It certainly doesn't exist in the US.

Hope this helps you understand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts