Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda CR-V EX 5 Speed Manual
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Looking to get AT tires for my 2004 Honda CR-V 5 Speed Manual. I'm on the west coast so we get all types of weather and I want one tire to survive 4 seasons, plus I go off-road a few times a year.

Tires I'm looking at with stock size (205/70/15) are:

1. Kumho road venture at51
2. Yokohama Geolandar a/t g015 (leaning towards these tires)

Any other recommendations are welcome.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thats exactly what I'm looking at as well. I'm looking at getting a bigger tire on stock 15s, no lift or spacers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I purchased the Yokohama Geolandar a/t g015 from eBay (where I live you cant get AT tires for the CRV) and they should be coming early Oct and ill provide an update once I mount them on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I purchased the Yokohama Geolandar a/t g015 from eBay (where I live you cant get AT tires for the CRV) and they should be coming early Oct and ill provide an update once I mount them on.
I'm looking to get the Yokohama's in Oct/Nov. Please do keep this up to date. I'm really interested in how they are for highway travel as well as snowy conditions.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
150 Posts
They will be noisy but good traction and off road.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can also use this tool if you want to look at non standard tires and see if they will fit your stock setup.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
150 Posts
The defenders are not good?
Are they LTX M&S

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The defenders are not good?
Are they LTX M&S
They are good but are running out of treads. Also, they are only M&S rated and here on the Westcoast we get snowstorms, so I required a tire that has the 3 snow peaks and is also good for off-roading.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
150 Posts
Getting Defender LTX M&S put on our 19 CRV tomorrow. We live in the mountains of Colorado.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's why I really want these tires is for snow/ice, living on east coast and shitty driveway. Don't want the hassle of snow/summer tire swaps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My Yokohama Geolandar a/t g015 should be coming in early next month. I'm getting Honda to mount and balance, Ill let you know what my initial thoughts are.

·
Registered
2005 CR-V 5 Speed
1 Posts
I'm running Bridgestone AT 697 215x65R16, good all round tyre but never driven on snow, I've read good things about BFGoodridge KO2, apparently there good in the snow.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Moving to Tires section.

Reactions: VIVADUDE

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Guys,

Looking to get AT tires for my 2004 Honda CR-V 5 Speed Manual. I'm on the west coast so we get all types of weather and I want one tire to survive 4 seasons, plus I go off-road a few times a year.

Tires I'm looking at with stock size (205/70/15) are:

1. Kumho road venture at51
2. Yokohama Geolandar a/t g015 (leaning towards these tires)

Any other recommendations are welcome.

Thanks,
I used to run YOKO AT/S and loved them. They stopped making them and the GO15 don't do as well in deep snow and don't last nearly as long, 30,000 vs 50,000. I drive 150 miles a day 6 days a week. Switched to Continental.

·
Registered
161 Posts
They are good but are running out of treads. Also, they are only M&S rated and here on the Westcoast we get snowstorms, so I required a tire that has the 3 snow peaks and is also good for off-roading.
The GO15 will get the sidewall destroyed in real off roading

·
Registered
2011 CR-V SE
29 Posts
I know the OP went with Geolanders, but for anyone else following, I have always had really good luck with Nitto Terra Grapplers. I've had them on my MDX, 2015 Explorer and 2 sets on my F-150 work truck that I load miles on towing and traveling. You can get them in a P-metric with 65k warranty. Great AT tire for everything from highway travel to up the canyon in snow for skiing.

For my 2011 CR-V, I just put on the Toyo Open Country AT iii. Nitto is owned by Toyo and the AT iii is similar to the Terra Grappler G2. The AT iii is the newest compound and design just released around September of 2020. My CR-V rides so much better with these in 235/65/17. The AT iii has reviews of great wet and all weather traction and was designed for greater durability and treadwear life than previous versions.

Both the Terra Grapplers and Open Countries provide a nice aggressive and meaty style and without looking like over the top mudders. I have also had Geolanders on another vehicle. Geolanders are also great tires.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey! I went with Geolanders because it was the only AT tire I could find that is in OEM spec. Plus I had to ship the tires to Canada.

What does everyone's MPG look like with AT tires now?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts