Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some 16" steel wheels with winter tires off craigslist from a guy who said he had them on his 2014 CRV.

I installed them on my wifes 2012 EX and the front caliper grinds a little bit as it turns. It is scraping on the inside front near the wheel studs.

All the sites I have checked show 16" as an option. Does it mean that these rims may be a different offset for some reason or do I have other issues? Are the caliper sizes from LX and EX any different?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I bought some 16" steel wheels with winter tires off craigslist from a guy who said he had them on his 2014 CRV.

I installed them on my wifes 2012 EX and the front caliper grinds a little bit as it turns. It is scraping on the inside front near the wheel studs.

All the sites I have checked show 16" as an option. Does it mean that these rims may be a different offset for some reason or do I have other issues? Are the caliper sizes from LX and EX any different?
I had 16” steel wheels for my winter tires on my 2012 CR-V EX and had no problems. 16” are standard wheels for the 2012 LX and there’s no difference between models with respect to calipers, brakes etc. Have you had the wheels balanced and checked to see if maybe the steel rims are bent and causing the scraping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That's what I'm thinking, maybe one of them is slightly bent as it only contacts a part of the rim. Anyways they were lug centric so I bought some hubcentric ones from costoc for a good deal and will have the rubber swapped. I will try these new ones first before getting the rubber swapped over.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks. That's what I'm thinking, maybe one of them is slightly bent as it only contacts a part of the rim. Anyways they were lug centric so I bought some hubcentric ones from costoc for a good deal and will have the rubber swapped. I will try these new ones first before getting the rubber swapped over.
Sorry I assumed they were hubcentric and not lugcentric. Yeah if the spacer is off then you would have them scraping the caliper. Steel wheels are cheap so you’re better off with hubcentric ones anyway. And Costco has a great return policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts