Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Honda CR-V 5-Speed with 252k miles on it. The vehicle will not come out of reverse once you go in it unless you turn off the car push in the clutch and are able to roll forward then you can feel reverse let go. It will not down shift into 2nd and when you are shifting into 5th gear you can feel it is a little sticky. Anything i could possibly try to do before taking it to the shop? Also where is the transmission fill cap at?

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
Where does the clutch “bite”. Is the fluid level good?
Gut feeling is that you might be looking at a new clutch or have master or slave cylinder issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Where does the clutch “bite”. Is the fluid level good?
Gut feeling is that you might be looking at a new clutch or have master or slave cylinder issues.
The bite point is really hard to find with this vehicle. usually you can push on the clutch and when your letting off of it with it being in neutral you can kind of feel it pushing back on your leg a little bit and you don't get that feeling you can give it gas though and let it out slowly to about half and it will start moving but if you don't have your foot on the gas in the upward motion of the clutch it will stall out. You barely let off the clutch it stalls out. The clutch pedal has began squeaking when releasing the clutch and going into any gear you have to let the clutch out super slow or else it's going to jerk all about. The transmission fluid level I am unsure about. I went out and popped the hood with the intention of finding a dip stick but this is my first stick car and there is no dip stick so I need to find the fill cap for the transmission fluid before I can actually find out what the level is. The clutch fluid is full. I intend to take it to a shop but i need the $200 diagnosis fee plus the money it's going to take to fix it.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Have the shop bleed the clutch and replace fluid, no diagnostic. If the clutch still doesn't work, it might just be you need a slave cylinder. Only use a shop that won't charge a diagnostic fee for something so simple. I'd never do business with anyone like that. Find a better shop. If you were here I could point you to the best guy in town.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts