Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2010 cr-v. I'm lookin to put a performance muffler on it but don't want it annoyin the hell out of me while we're driving. This will be our "travel" vehicle. So i'm attempting to keep it quiet for a change, unlike all my previous vehicles. LET ME KNOW!

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Performance muffler? No such thing, I.E. there will be no muffler by itself that will really do anything power-wise. They're all going to be louder than stock. In order to gain anything from it you'd need a full exhaust, that means no more resonator, a new muffler and bigger piping and possibly different headers.

Other than that, if you just want to replace the muffler for the hell of it, "turbo" style is pretty quiet, just two vented chambers that dump into eachother while rerouted 90* twice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What exactly do u mean by "turbo" style muffler? Who makes em? I know anything i put on it is gonna be at least a lil louder. I just don't want the sound resonating inside the vehicle. I've never been able to achieve it on any of my other cars or trucks yet but i'd like to make it sound like a stock 350z. Just a real mellow toned growl. And i plan to change the mid pipe next. Already have plans for a wider pipe and resonator.

·
Registered
302 Posts
you could try a twin loop muffler too!!
same as the one they use in mugen/typeR...etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts