Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 99 CR-V yesterday and I love it! I always try to start with a decent stereo set up but I don't like cutting or drilling any where that is visible. Does anyone have any ideas on where I could find one the factory tweeter kit? I know Honda discontinued them but maybe a dealer out there has a set sitting on the shelf or something.

Does anyone know if the SE model came with them? That might make it easier to call junk yards to find them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Steve,
I have a 2001 SE and mine does not have the tweeter kit. I do not think it came stock on any models. Believe it was only available for purchase thru the dealer parts department.

I put 4 Polk DB651 speakers in my V and it sounds great with the Clarion CX609. You do have to modify the speaker grilles slightly to allow them to fit over the tweeters. This is easily done by grinding down the plastic rib on the grilles using a dremel tool. If you want a direct bolt in model, then get the DB651S shallow mount.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up calming down and just putting some nice coaxials in the door.

I found a set of Q-Forms kick panels and installed those, but I found them to be a little too large, they sounded great though. They might work better for someone with an automatic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts