Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
We are close to pulling the trigger on a 2017 touring and the exterior color that we prefer (gunmetal) only comes with a gray leather interior. Our last cars had black leather interior which was easy to clean but unfortunately not an option this time.

Has anyone had any experience with small kids and ease of cleaning gray interior in this CRV ...or in any the previous model CRV if that is a fair comparison.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2008 CRV EXL (with gray leather) - about to trade it in for a 2017 CRV EXL. I have two girls (now 13 and 10) and a 5 year old puggle. I haven't had any issues keeping the gray leather interior clean for all those years of spills, gum, food, soda etc. Just regular cleaning kept the seats looking great. Although we did use a pad underneath the cars seats during the car seat years... But even then the seats were easy to clean and maintain.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I always get leather seats because they stay cleaner and easier to clean than cloth. But if you have kids and or pets you might consider some seat covers on the back seats. I highly recommend Wet Okole custom covers. They are a bit pricey but they worth every penny. They fit like a glove, spill proof, puncture resistant (pet claws) and don't look like covers...look like they are the actual seat covering. They also come with additional padding and make the seat even more comfortable. I love them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the gray leather in my '15 Pilot. I feels like the exact same material and it definitely the same color. My 8 year old daughter has spent the last two years spilling liquids and dropping crumbs onto the rear seats. I have never had any problem with wiping them clean. I use a leather wipe that is a cleaner / conditioner (can't rembember which one - think it's Meguiars) a few times per year and they still look like brand new.

Another thing I was warned about from the dealership was that blue jeans can leave a faint blue stain on the leather. I have not found this to be true, and I wear jenas daily. HTH.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had the same dilemma - exterior colors I liked only came with light interiors. And the "gray" is really light. Don't know why Honda does this with their combinations. Ended going with black leather like last time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts