Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still don't have my V Touring yet. Picking it up next week. I seen it yesterday just after it came off of the truck. It wouldn't start due to lack of gas after being driven to the parking space at the dealer. It was still wrapped in places and quite dirty. My baby finger fit in the gaps on the rear hatch. I know it's not ready to go just yet and thats fine. Been waiting 2 months now. I see some of you guys complaining of speakers, gaps, entertainment system, power, wheels and the list goes on. Minor things of course. Expected really. But what I want to know from all of you is: Do you have any regrets in buying the 2017 CRV?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Coming from a 2007 CRV, I love my 2017 Touring.

Didn't even notice the gap until it came up in another thread, which still doesn't brother me. Love the many safety features of the car.

Best purchase I've ever made.

·
Registered
115 Posts
canadian LX 2WD - no regrets. the car is plenty powerful for a cuv and mileage for me is great (around 8L per 100km in 50/50 hwy city). the standard features on even the base model blow the competition out of the water.

My favorite things are the android auto/car play and the proximity unlock. Never having to dig my keys out of my pocket is awesome. I never have any issues with the walkaway lock or battery. I often only drive on the weekends. I leave the car in the garage with the auto parking brake engaged and the battery hasnt died on me. The base LX only has 4 speakers and its not amazing but thats to be expected with 4 speakers. I expect your touring will sound better.
People say the bridgestone tires are louder than the hankooks but i can't compare....i have bridgestones on mine. the road noise isnt all that noticeable to me. the bridgestones have a higher wear rating than the hankooks so perhaps harder rubber is to blame?

The new cx-5 is nice looking too but i don't like the way the touchscreen juts up from the dash and the lack of android auto was a deal breaker. The CRV was only japanese cuv i found that had an acceptable base model with all the features i wanted and none that i didnt. I wasnt interested in the driving aids or power seats/moonroof or anything.

The RAV4 is just too old compared to the new CRV. I stepped inside the base model RAV4 and was appalled by the quality of the interior. It looked very cheap. I dont know what the next generation RAV4 will look like but for now the CRV is far superior.

I had a mazda before and decided to buy honda this time as I am planning to keep this car for over 10 years and I know honda has cheaper maintenance overall. Its the small things like being able to replace the wiper blades insert instead of the entire wiper blade. Mazda oem wiper blades were great but they were like $20 each and I never had much luck with 3rd party blades. Honda blade inserts are around $7. considering I replace every year it adds up over time...
There are like a millon crv's on the road...parts are a lot cheaper for Honda

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wish they had a better set of colors. They are all too dark. The tan is under whelming. I know some owners like the colors but I wish the blue was lighter, the red wasn't so orange, and the green wasn't so khaki looking. I have the Basque Red Pearl II it is ok but is too burgundy looking. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Coming from a 2007 CRV, I love my 2017 Touring.

Didn't even notice the gap until it came up in another thread, which still doesn't brother me. Love the many safety features of the car.

Best purchase I've ever made.
Yea same i didnt notice the gap until someone mentioned it here. The gaps dont bother me at all.
I agree....my old 2004 mazda6 was an impulse buy from my younger days and a lot of strange designs and missing features nagged at me afterwards. A lot of regrets on that car for sure. I don't feel like i had to make any compromises with the CRV.

I looked at the 2016.5 mazda cx-5 before buying the 2017 crv and one thing just really irked me about mazda design.
they took away the power socket at the front dashboard. Well without android auto or built in nav in the lower trims, Id have to mount my phone. And how will i charge it without a power socket? The usb there doesn't provide enough power to charge the phone and I'm not dragging a cable from the arm rest console to the front of my car. That missing feature alone was enough for me to dismiss the cx-5.

·
Registered
294 Posts
No regrets about the car. Love it. I do wish they had a darker grey for the interior. And I wish the nav system could use the contact address from the phone book but it is what it is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
nope. fully expected to miss my trade-in (which I loved) but the amount of tech on the cr-v makes me a happy camper

·
Registered
548 Posts
The GPS and speech reorganization is awful !!! Google maps and music search is much better...

- I love this car - for what's it worth :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
No regrets with my vehicle. I'm really enjoying it. But I do regret that Honda didn't offer:

Air-cooled seating (would make those leather seats much more enjoyable during summer)

Better choice of exterior paint (most are either dark or drab--other than the Molten Lava which is too orange for me)

Elimination of standard moon roof in EX and above (I don't use it and it takes away the sense of spaciousness in the cabin)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I came from a 2016 TLX SH-AWD Tech and a 2014 RDX AWD Tech before that, my CR-V is my favorite of the 3 of them. So no regrets here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No big regrets other than debt I have now for the next several years but I do have few minor ones.

Regarding the gap, I do notice that some water marks gets in through the door and trunk in rain and during car wash. Hopefully it will not cause any rust issues.

I also do not really like the absolute front view of the car which some one compared to Star wars clones.

I ended up getting modern steel metallic because of the price I got but there was no clear winner. Have to say that all other crossovers have way better color options like mazdas soul red.

Wheels are not the best.

I wish I could have got LED head lights as that was one of my desired features. Jewel led just did not work for me plus the additional cost to go up to touring.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
I believe the only person on this ENTIRE site that regrets buying the new crv is CHRIS322 who started the thread "Adios CRV Owners... " Traded his in after 2 weeks............ Ummmmmmmm hmmmmm.....

17 white EX AWD.. LOve it. NO REGERTS............. There is a reason this vehicle is number one in its class by most publications and number 1 among ALL 2 seat only SUV's by MANY publications........ I have no gaps in any panels. Perhas those of you that see them had them built on a Friday at 5 pm? Its brand new, if you have issues talk to your dealer !

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wish they offered a black interior option with all exterior colors. Power folding mirrors would have been nice too.
Otherwise, very happy so far...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Coming from 2011 Acura MDX to 17 crv touring, I have pros and cons.

Pros.
1. Lots of safety features and great leg room

2. More storage

3. Many cool techs including foot sensing trunk open/close, apple/android car play, auto brake, smart cruise control (i use this feature a lot), eco mode (not sure if it helps though), and more.

4. LED headlights with auto highbeams are amazing... oh, and auto rain sensing are great (i live in Seattle)

5. Its a fun vehicle to drive around city/highway/mountain (not talking off road here) and definitely a long trip.

Cons.
1. Speakers! CR-V speaker sounds pretty bad compared to my previous MDX. Planning to upgrade door speakers near future.

2. Engine! If I try to press gas when there is 4 adults in CR-V, its literally screaming for help. Turbo CVT doesnt quite sound like turbo to me... but again, MDX had 6 speed 300hp and is a premium from honda so this is just a minor complain.

3. Surprisingly, Gas MPG! I get around 22-24 mpg (50-60% highway) no matter how hard I try to get that number up. But again, my previous MDX was getting 12-14 so Im not complaining at all here (just little disappointed is all)

Afterall, I don't regret switching to CR-V. Its a great buy and im sure you won't regret either (but switch the speakers if you can). Peace-

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can't say I regret moving from a '14 CX-5 GT to the CR-V, but many of my expectations were not met :

- It's not any better on gas than the CX-5, and actually does worse in city driving. Switching out the winter rubber soon, I hope that helps;

- The infotainment isn't really better than the Mazda's Bose setup was, mostly because this is a bad Android tablet running the show. I really hoped for a much better experience and have found a system with poor sound quality, slow reaction to my commands and very frequent crashes/hiccups/reboots; I actually envy my brother's new Chevy Volt for this, it has a much better infotainment system than my CR-V does.

- Interior plastics show quite a few scuffs and marks already, especially at the bottom of the front doors. I knew the Mazda had softer plastics, but not the Honda;

- I've missed the CX-5's 40/20/40 split folding seat and its magic auto-open cargo cover a few times. It made the (smaller) cargo area so much more versatile.

However :

- The driving experience is smooth and the seats are very comfortable;

- The interior space for occupants is really great, especially in the back;

- Most of the new toys (Panoramic roof, LED interior/exterior lighting, rear heated seats, power rear hatch among others) are truly fantastic additions;

- The low-speed cruise function is THE great new feature I rely on almost daily.

The CR-V scores well on the big stuff, less so on the small stuff and terribly on the infotainment system. I can live with that :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
wifes car, i'll never buy a suv for myself.
-I hate having to yank the hatch open. It should pop open when unlocked. I feel like I'm crushing the plastic on the hatch everything I have to yank it open.
-turn signal level snaps hard and loud, it's annoying af
-gear selector lever is loose af and doesnt line up well with the gears
-uncomfortable seats is enough to junk the car
-city mpg and cold start driving mpg is a joke. Honda flatout lied about its city mpg.
-infotainment is impossibly slow and locks you out when you drive.
-engine is way too loud at low speed
-car vibrates badly at idle and putting it into park or neutral doesn't help. Don't dare let your head touch the seat whether you're moving or not.

Overall it's a great effort, but a failure nevertheless. I would never recommend this vehicle to anyone. The only good points it has is that it has nice wheels and technology that every other car int he industry is getting this year.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts