Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into installing one of the aftermarket fog light kits on our 2006 CR-V LX. After reading many of the previous threads on this topic, it seems that the OEM kit is no longer available. And the aftermarket kits, while generally well designed, are not a complete plug-and-play solution. And since Honda didn't pre-wire the LX for fog lights, the kit wiring has to be used.

I'm not a fan of cutting into factory harnesses, tapping factory wiring, or adding a ring terminal to the positive battery terminal.

But although Honda didn't leave fog light wiring in place unused, sometimes manufacturers still leave various other connections unused that can provide power or key-on trigger. When that is the case, I prefer to use or build connectors to just plug in to those available unused connections.

So here's the question: Do we know of any unused factory connectors in the engine bay or even under the dash that provide enough power for the fog lights, or key-on power that can trigger the light relay?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
28 Posts
I worked with my friend who owns a stereo/alarm/custom audio shop. We installed an aftermarket kit for the 2002-2004 models. It was a bit of work and in the end we ended up using an aftermarket button on the dash that he had to trim the dash factory hole bigger due to the aftermarket switch being bigger.

It is hooked up clean and works with the factory interior lights. It can be done by a diy person but if you are not familiar with the CRV wiring, then just get it done professionally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts