Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
The New York Times tested the car in snow conditions and posted a video review which was very positive. However I don't recall it having the action shots that you're looking for unfortunately.

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
We had 6-8 inches of snow in Washing State with all schools closed and my AWD EX handled it like a dream. Compared to our '08 model we had (AWD EX) it's night and day in comparison! Really happy with the performance all the way around!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice Dockworker23!! Great to hear! When I get to the beach I will post photos of the AWD in the dry sand..

·
Registered
25 Posts
We had 6-8 inches of snow in Washing State with all schools closed and my AWD EX handled it like a dream. Compared to our '08 model we had (AWD EX) it's night and day in comparison! Really happy with the performance all the way around!
Curious - Which tires came with your CRV? Hankook or Bridgestone Ecopia?

·
Registered
190 Posts
We've had ice and snow all week and my AWD EX with the bridgestone ecopias went through it all beautifully! I was impressed!

·
Registered
337 Posts
They have the same name could be the very same one. Real time All-wheel drive with intelligent control system. The only difference would be tires.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
In real life, there is nothing exciting or film worthy about AWD in action. It just works and the vehicles goes without muss or fuss. It is only exciting when the vehicle is taken to places it wasn't made to go and abused.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've always been taught to keep your wheels straight when and rock it back and forth to get out of the rut. Looks to me like he dug himself deeper and deeper. I'd also be interested in seeing that route with snow tires on the crv.

·
Registered
140 Posts
As he said in the video, you need snow tires. For the mess he was in you should have a true 4wd and you will still need the proper tires.

·
Registered
256 Posts
My take on it is that the wheels were turning as/when you would expect, but there was just no bite. It was a tire issue more than anything.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
He didn't mention turning off VSA, which is a pretty good first step in this situation. Might not have helped, though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Without bumping up to a truck tire like a bf Goodrich ta ko, I don't think it would have made much of a difference. Standard snow tires (Michelin x ice, blizzak, etc) biggest change over all season tires is their softer rubber compound formulated for colder temps (still soft and grippy at below 32 degrees)allowing the tire to grip the ground better in colder temps. They aren't made to give extra traction in deep snow-not when stopped and stuck like he was at least-they would spin just like his all seasons and dig himself into a worse situation. At least that is my experience in running dedicated winter wheels.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts