Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like it will cost over $500 to purchase a factory roof rack. Anybody try the aftermarket ones on ebay?

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Vendor
488 Posts
@ clydesdale

We sell lots of aftermarket Honda CR-V roof racks. The systems are good to fit for vehicles with normal roof and for CRVs with flushed rails. They also available in your choice of lengths.
I would recommend you to go with these load bars by Thule, they can support up to 165 lbs. of cargo. Plus, it is a pretty cool system and extremely easy to install.

By the way what is the year of your vehicle?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I Don't really care for OEM crossbars as I want them as low as possible. I don't feel like spending 200 bucks for them since I want to add a roof basket. Was thinking of just making my own with supplies from home depot and throwing the roof basket on top since it needs crossbars but I'm afraid with OEM cross bars, the roof basket will sit too high. has anyone made their own low profile crossbars?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
It seems like it will cost over $500 to purchase a factory roof rack. Anybody try the aftermarket ones on ebay?
I bought mine from Ebay 2 summers ago for (I think) $55 and it holds my canoe without any problems. Even looks OEM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The new Thule roof racks don't have the quick release like they used to. I had a Thule for my Element and it was nice, push button release to remove the bars when you're not using them. As best as I can tell the new Thule style needs to be unbolted to remove. The Yakima control towers have a quick release, I may go with that for my 2015 CRV-EX-L. I like to be able to remove the bars when I'm not using them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been pleased with my Rhino-Rack setup but no quick release. Bought from a local shop for about $185 - towers, pads, and bars.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Do you remember where you got it from ? I cant seem to find it in ebay canada and ebay.com shipping is quite a bit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi did you install the roof rails yourself? I have a 2015 CRV EX so it didn't come with rails. I need rails and crossbars and trying to figure out cheapest solution without wrecking the roof... thanks for any tips.
You got rails and crossbars for $170? thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went with a Yakima set up. I've been a proud owner of my 2015 crv for a couple weeks now. I purchased the AWD LX version, so the roof was bare. I called honda for a quote on side rails, and cross bars, and it was $900 installed. So i went with yakima. Purchased directly on Yakima.com, received the boxes in about 4 days.. and installed myself. I'll post pics of before and after below. I also purchased new wheels/tires set-up. Please comment and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
WITH THE YAKIMA Q TOWERS SET UP
I also purchased the Yakima Megawarrior roof basket. The Q-towers set up has a quick release option, so I can easily remove the bars with the basket in just minutes.
20150802_105732_resized_3.jpg
IMG_20150802_133810_resized.jpg

1 - 20 of 42 Posts