Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get that code? If you did what did you do to fix it? I have been reading online and haven't found a solid solution yet.

I did a K24a JDM engine swap on my 2nd gen crv and this code popped up after about 100km.

Engine runs great! No issues there, no missfires or any other symptons.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
79 views and no replies....guess no one had an answer.

Just wanted to update:

Engine swap was done about 2.5 weeks ago and the only thing swapped was the intake manifold as the jdm manifold wasn't the same.

40 km after driving i got the code p0171.

Took it back to the shop and swapped out the fuel rail since i figured the pressure for the jdm fuel rail/injectors might be different than the usdm rail/injectors.

So now with the USDM rail and regulator 100 km after driving i got the code again.

So here we see that made a change and it was consistant, i reset it around 80-100 km and it comes back again.

Took it back to the shop and swapped out with the usdm injectors since I thought the jdm ones might have a different CC rating and my car isn't tuned for that so now after swapping the injectors the problem seems to have been fixed.

I have done 400 km in the last 4 days and no code so far.

I'll update again in a couple of days to see if the issue is back or not but it looks promising.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
When you replaced the intake manifold did you use a new gasket? There could be an air leak. It could also be an air leak coming from the o-ring of the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes a new gasket was used, I doubt it was the o ring on the injectors on the jdm engine since that engine had about 50,000km. (But never know)

After the injector swap it seems to be fine as I have put 400 km on it, going to be filling up today again and see how it goes in the next couple days.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Guys just wanted to update this post seeing as it is almost a year haha. Swapping the injectors did fix my issue. I have put about 40,000 km on my swap and its running great.

When i did the swap the Crv had 285,000 km and now i am at 325,000 km and climbing.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Hey Guys just wanted to update this post seeing as it is almost a year haha. Swapping the injectors did fix my issue. I have put about 40,000 km on my swap and its running great.

When i did the swap the Crv had 285,000 km and now i am at 325,000 km and climbing.
Thanks for the update.
Sounds like you did good.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Problem! I'll try and update my thread that I have for the crv lol, haven't really done much to it other than maintenance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2004 CRV Swap P0171

Hi, I just had a JDM swap done on my car and am getting a P0171 code. I put a new 02 sensor on, cleared the codes, and it came back. I went through looking for loose hoses, cleared the codes, it came back. The mechanic left the JDM fuel rail and injectors on the car. After reading this, I'm wondering if that's the issue.

Has anybody else had the P0171 issue after a JDM swap? I am tempted to change the injectors and/or rail, but would like to hear from anybody who had success with getting the P0171 code do go away after doing it. @thusee... do you think it was just the injectors you would have had to change, or would the rail be the issue as well?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just wondering if anybody has any insight into this issue. Since posting last, I've replaced the injectors, code is still there.

The intake manifold is also JDM, I am considering swapping it out for the original. Does anybody know if a JDM intake manifold could throw a code like this if the computer is still USDM?

I'd be thankful for any insights, and will post whatever solutions I come up with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It seems to be running fine other than the code. The code itself has been coming and going. The mechanic hooked it up to a diagnostic and confirmed it was running lean, though.

I haven't tried a hard reset, what would the benefit be from just resetting it on my basic OBDII reader?

·
Registered
65 Posts
did you matched both I.M gasket to make sure all holes matched and sizes were the same?
if one of the ports is off then there is a chance for an air leak.
spary wd40, water ... anything all over where there are mating surfaces. manifold, TB, any sensor hooked up o the I.M, any where. as for fuel injector always replace hte seals and O ring, the old seals will mold to old parts, IDK how much different it can get but its a safe policy to do so.

do the spray everything trick and repost.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
It seems to be running fine other than the code. The code itself has been coming and going. The mechanic hooked it up to a diagnostic and confirmed it was running lean, though.

I haven't tried a hard reset, what would the benefit be from just resetting it on my basic OBDII reader?
The benefit of a Hard Reset is to reset the fuel mappings to Factory settings. As I have an experience there was a guy who did some mods on his car & the ECU was throwing Lean codes after a hard reset the code did not come back. The code is same as yours.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wondering if anybody has any insight into this issue. Since posting last, I've replaced the injectors, code is still there.

The intake manifold is also JDM, I am considering swapping it out for the original. Does anybody know if a JDM intake manifold could throw a code like this if the computer is still USDM?

I'd be thankful for any insights, and will post whatever solutions I come up with.
oh man sorry for the late reply lol.....i ended up selling the crv in May and picked up a 2018 Si sedan.

not sure if you fixed the issue but i would strongly recommend swapping out the intake manifold to the usdm manifold as they are different.

When you swapped injectors did you swap rail and fuel regulator? they will also play a role in it as well.

hope this helps if it hasn't been fixed yet!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts