Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heat shrinked for that extra anti-corrosion but looks good all I can say is make sure you give your self some room when wire tapping give a inch or two away from the connector just in case of future breakage and maybe using some sort of electrical lude to keep it from rusting.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It says this is for a non amplify radio I have the ex-l that could be just for the radio turn on and off. Maybe a grounded wire that switches it off and on just a guess. I am only using the lc2i to switch on and off my amp since it has a feature that turns on when it senses a signal. All you have to do is hook the remote to the amp and the ground and power wires to it as well.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
No problem I am surprised nothing is on the web yet this car been out for so long now. Maybe I should post the rest of the connectors a lot of stuff running off the head unit.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
It doesn’t mean anything; that part of the diagram is just telling you the color of the wire. The chart below listing the wire functions would indeed suggest that’s the right one to use.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed sub amp. I'm using A21 to for the amp on/off. It can turn on the amp, but it can NOT turn off it. I checked the output of A21, it is always +12V after the vehicle is powered on. I expected it went 0 when I turned off the audio.

I'm still looking for which wire can be used to turn on/off external amp.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I just installed sub amp. I'm using A21 to for the amp on/off. It can turn on the amp, but it can NOT turn off it. I checked the output of A21, it is always +12V after the vehicle is powered on. I expected it went 0 when I turned off the audio.

I'm still looking for which wire can be used to turn on/off external amp.
I would not expect the Amp to power down with "turning off" your music, as the audio system does a lot more than music. It also handles hands-free phone functions and ANC.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would not expect the Amp to power down with "turning off" your music, as the audio system does a lot more than music. It also handles hands-free phone functions and ANC.
Thanks. That makes sense. I will build my own audio signal detector from front speaker output to turn on/off the amp.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you using a lc2? Or are you just going straight from wire. My lc2 is what turns my amp on and off it feels a signal from the speaker wires and automatically turns it on and off when I power on and off the radio. Also it converts the high frequency to low frequency which is important if you are adding a subwoofer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you using a lc2? Or are you just going straight from wire. My lc2 is what turns my amp on and off it feels a signal from the speaker wires and automatically turns it on and off when I power on and off the radio. Also it converts the high frequency to low frequency which is important if you are adding a subwoofer.
No, I didn't use LC2. The amp has all features of IC2 except auto-sensing audio signal. I will add an audio signal detector, it cost ~$5.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
With the audio system responsible for ANC, I would expect there will always be an audio signal getting delivered, unless you disable that system.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts