Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
In my experience, the nose masks do more damage than good. Dirt gets under the mask and slowly sands into the paint when you drive. A tiny amount of movement is inevitable with the mask, and anything between the mask and the paint scratches said paint.

There is a reason that 30 years ago, 90% of the market was nose masks, and today 95% is clear bra. Clear bra is a far superior product.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I've had nose masks on all of my cars since 1985 and never had issues with dirt underneath. They come off when it rains and when I give it a wash, and the masks get cleaned inside and out at the same time. If anything did get a little scuffed, a minute with some Meguiars 205 and the orbital buffer takes care of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nose mask

I currently commute 300 miles (one way) every two weeks.

I'm spreading the mileage across three different vehicles. The CRV will join the fleet. I've used nose masks and clear bras before. On the CRV I've decided to use the nose mask only on the Highway and take it off once I get to my destination. I've never had any trouble (rubbing/paint issue) out of either the clear bra product or a nose mask product. I "may" down the road go ahead and get a clear bra product but for now the mask is what I'd like to use.

Still not finding anybody out there that sales them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts