Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been able to get the seat memory to work. The owners guide says to press the set button on the door, then press the number button (1 or 20), wait for 2 beeps. I get no beeps and pushing the number button does nothing. Can someone help?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Usually it's a push and hold, then a beep, to set a button in a Honda. Try that. Also, be sure you are using the right Fob, the seat memory number may look for Fob #1 or Fob #2.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
All I have to do to set is press the "Set" button, and then the two numbered lights start blinking. I then push one of them to set. No holding necessary.

NOTE: The "Set" button doesn't work if the engine is not in the "On" position. (Curiously, the numbered buttons do, but not the Set button.) Maybe that's the issue?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have not been able to get the seat memory to work. The owners guide says to press the set button on the door, then press the number button (1 or 20), wait for 2 beeps. I get no beeps and pushing the number button does nothing. Can someone help?
Did you try with Ignition on?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried with engine on, accessory on, everything off. No lights, no beeps. At the dealership, the salesman tried to set it up and the #1 light came on. I don't recall if anything beeped. Maybe a blown fuse?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had issues as well. I'm going to have to look into it further. That or it could be that we just got it last night and I was tired. :p

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just tried it with the engine running using key fob #2.

1. Set the power mode to ON. Adjust the driver’s seat to the desired position.
2. Press the SET button. You will hear a beep, and the memory button indicator light will blink.
3. Press and hold memory button (1 or (2 within five seconds of pressing the SET button.

Once the seat position has been memorized, the indicator light on the button you pressed stays on.

You need to be in PARK, this will not work while driving or stopped with the transmission engaged.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is it also true that you have to have the parking brake set in order to move the seat to a memorized position? This is what it says in the owner's guide, but it seems like an added complication to me. Having it in Park should be enough, and besides I rarely use the parking brake since everything's flat around here. ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just tried it with the engine running using key fob #2.

1. Set the power mode to ON. Adjust the driver’s seat to the desired position.
2. Press the SET button. You will hear a beep, and the memory button indicator light will blink.
3. Press and hold memory button (1 or (2 within five seconds of pressing the SET button.

Once the seat position has been memorized, the indicator light on the button you pressed stays on.

You need to be in PARK, this will not work while driving or stopped with the transmission engaged.
Update, you can SET it while moving it just won't let you go back to a saved position (1 or 2) unless you are stopped. I guess that's a safety feature to keep me from moving to a position that doesn't work for you while driving.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had to leave the car with the dealer. Turns out the wire connection to the switch in the door was loose. All fixed now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts