Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot about this message board! :)

I've got a new (as of last November) '07. Coming up to 15k miles already!

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
How does it do in the winter?

Forgot about this message board! :)

I've got a new (as of last November) '07. Coming up to 15k miles already!
I see you have some experience with the 07 in the winter. I was wondering, how does it handle the snow? Did you keep the OEM tires on it?

Mine pools water in the passenger side wiper trough when I wash it. Has this caused you problems in the winter?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you have some experience with the 07 in the winter. I was wondering, how does it handle the snow? Did you keep the OEM tires on it?

Mine pools water in the passenger side wiper trough when I wash it. Has this caused you problems in the winter?
It handled pretty well last winter -- too bad we didn't really get much snow! :) But for the few days that we got pounded, going uphill through a completely snow-covered driveway, I got stuck. :) But then remembered how the whole RTAWD works, so backed up, turned the VSA off, and plowed through the snow without any problems (on stock wheels, no less!)

I haven't noticed the pooling water tho -- I'll keep an eye on it the next time it rains...

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Thanks For The Info.

Thanks for the info. I am hoping that because I bought a 4WD that it won't snow for the next 12 years but it probably doesn't work that well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea - I was really hoping for some major snow last year, but it didn't happen. And since this is my first 4WD, I really wanted to test it out. Better luck this year! :)

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
You can certainly have my share!

If I never see another snowflake again it will still be too soon. I hate the stuff, and hope to never have an opportunity to try out the V's 4WD capability due to a lack of snow. You are welcome to have it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heh - thanks! :) I know what you mean tho... Came *this* close to wrecking my V in the first few weeks when the snow hit last year. Snow on top of ice-covered roads, going into a turn, and the car just wanted to keep going straight. Thankfully without freaking out too much, and the traction/stability/4WD kicking in, I was able to get out of it. It's fun when you can make it fun, but commuting in it day in, day out, I know what you mean.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Newbie from MA

Hi everyone! I am from Haverhill, MA. Just sold my GMC Acadia and am picking up my CRV EX-L Mon. I am so psyched and can't wait. I was a Sr. member over on the Acadia Forum and am looking forward to being on this forum.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi everyone! I am from Haverhill, MA. Just sold my GMC Acadia and am picking up my CRV EX-L Mon. I am so psyched and can't wait. I was a Sr. member over on the Acadia Forum and am looking forward to being on this forum.
Welcome to the forum! :)

It would be great to see you post your impressions of the Acadia vs V when you get it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

It would be great to see you post your impressions of the Acadia vs V when you get it.
Oh, count on it!! I had an 07 Acadia which GM bought back from me because of all the problems with dead battery and water leaks. They replaced it with an 08, which thankfully did not have any major problems, but the little fixes left a bad taste in my mouth after all the time I spent fixing my 2007 Acadia.
I am looking forward to driving something more dependable with better gas mileage.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lovin It!!!

So far, I can't say enough good things about the V as opposed to the GM Acadia. Better gas mileage, way better Nav system, surprisingly peppy for a four cylinder. The EX L with Navi is very well equipped and priced affordably.
I love the white with grey leather interior. I am really tickled so far!!:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts