Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl just bought her 07 CR-V yesterday (picking it up Friday!) and we she got the EX. Didn't want the leather in the EX-L. Do want the seat heaters though. I'm getting these for her car: http://www.heatedseatkits.com/index.html . Since I'm an experienced car modder ( I currently drive an 05 Outback XT- 5 speed manual modded for handling and power to the tune of 350 horsepower- nothing like having a sleeper), I'll put them in myself.

My question is, has anyone here installed these or had them installed and what did you think of them?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Damn, doesn't anyone use this board?
Yes, but obviously, no one has experience with with those aftermarket heated seats.

Posting your question in the summer probably hasn't sparked much interest either.

:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see. I'm used to much more active forums, more enthusiast oriented, where answers are given pretty quickly. I'll check back next year :lol:

J/K dude :d

·
Registered
867 Posts
My question is, has anyone here installed these or had them installed and what did you think of them?
I have not done so personally, but a friend of mine had them nstalled in his Mazda6 about a year ago. I have not heard any complaining. Except for the slightly toasted look to his rear end. :D J/K

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
The key would be a quality kit, not the cheapest one could find. Burning up your car would be a bad thing.

·
Registered
557 Posts
DO you really need seat heaters in a non leather seating surface? I have driven in really cold climates and the only time I felt a seat heater was needed was in leather seated cars because man that leather really holds the cold or the heat depending on the outside weather thats my two cents. My advice is spend the money to get the best kit because you never want to risk your whole car over 40 bucks but have fun with seat warmers a kind off a cool gadget for a while but after a few cold days you don't notice it now what I would really love is a heated steering wheel my buddy has that and after loading skis and boards on top of the car it feels great of course he has a range rover and a nice trust fund now that must feel great :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Jedi,
Did you ever install those heated seat elements? My wife just got an 08 V and I would like to istall for her. I've been looking at these http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/afcarseathea.html
I'm also a car nut having fully restored many Triumphs and currently have a 69 TR6 and a 2006 MINI Cooper S JCW that is modded heavily, so I will also do the install. Trying find out any info.
Thanks
Mr. Jim

·
Registered
342 Posts
Triumph Spitfire

So, you've been working with Triumphs, eh? I used to have Spitfire with flip on overdrive. I miss driving that one. I think TR6 is great too, much bigger than Spitfire. What is the going price for Spitfire or TR6 in excellent condition? By the way, Good Luck on your heated seats! I am sure you'll do great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, you've been working with Triumphs, eh? I used to have Spitfire with flip on overdrive. I miss driving that one. I think TR6 is great too, much bigger than Spitfire. What is the going price for Spitfire or TR6 in excellent condition? By the way, Good Luck on your heated seats! I am sure you'll do great.
Oh yes, been working with them for over twenty years. TR6's are way up there for really fine examples, your looking at easily 15,000.00 and up. Spitfires are lower, but still a very fun vehicle.

Thanks, I've got heated seats in the MINI and the Land Rover, so the mrs. misses them in her new V. Today it's like 15 degrees, so I got up and starting searching products.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I looked into installing the seat heaters in my 05 CRV. First question the shop asked me was if I had the side airbags in the seat. They advised me that I may run into problems with SRS lights if we installed them. They told me to cal Honda and talk to their service department and ask their opinion. Called Honda and got a big DONT DO IT! He said you may get away with it, but there is a good chance you'll get the SRS light on. Id rather not polay around with that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
...having fully restored many Triumphs...
Ahh... Triumphs, unfortunately I bought a 4 yr old TR7 once! Ended up fully restoring it during the 2 yrs I owned it . By fully restoring, I mean that it broke so often I nearly paid as much in replacement parts cost as I paid for the car.:eek:
Transmissions, rear ends, master cylinders, water pumps, the list goes on, and I didn't even mention the electrical system.

But it was a blast to drive when it was running right!

Ended up selling it to a DJ at a local radio station whose musical genre I didn't care for. Sweet!!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Ahh... Triumphs, unfortunately I bought a 4 yr old TR7 once! Ended up fully restoring it during the 2 yrs I owned it . By fully restoring, I mean that it broke so often I nearly paid as much in replacement parts cost as I paid for the car.:eek:
Transmissions, rear ends, master cylinders, water pumps, the list goes on, and I didn't even mention the electrical system.

But it was a blast to drive when it was running right!

Ended up selling it to a DJ at a local radio station whose musical genre I didn't care for. Sweet!!
Sounds like bad luck.

I had bought a used 1979 TR7 convert. with 75,000 miles that I modded heavily and thrashed the heck out of for 75,000 more miles. (Weber carbs, header, intake, milled head, exhaust, etc.) Saw it around town for years after that too. Was the most reliable British car I ever owned (out of about a dozen). I would love a TR8. That aluminum Buick block is a good one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts