Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a great snow skiing/hiking trip. My baby got a bit dirty.

20210204_122248.jpg

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,396 Posts
LOL, "A little dirty"

Tell your V to stop tailgating! :giggle:

Reactions: jimbob15

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny....I received a notice of violation in one of the Northeast states a few years back for following to close. It was based on a toll booth photo showing the Honda within 5 feet of the coach!

I need to wash out the radiator as soon as we get some warm temperatures.

Reactions: mrtn

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,654 Posts
I think you need to use one of those truck washes at a truck stop...

·
The Enforcer
3,771 Posts
I've seen worse.

Few hours detailing will sort that out :)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I've seen worse.
I sold my HR-V looking three times worse. Put the ad (with nice pics) up at 3am, got a call 9am. Showed up with my HR-V gone through a mud rally the day before. Sold it anyway (to a flipper from Lithuania).

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You got that right!!!!! But then on the flip side, on a cross country trip my V got well over 8,000 miles to the gallon!

·
Registered
648 Posts
During the warmer months, I do a better job just using those powerwashing bays -- and they're cheaper -- just a pain in the butt doing the underbody. However, in the winter, I like the dealership wash or Mike's. Mike's CarWash is a Midwest thing, so it's not everywhere, but it's the best -- soft sponges instead of brushes -- and they do a really good job of pre-washing it.

·
Registered
2020 Touring, Sonic Gray Pearl
46 Posts
I power washed my car twice today, once before the trip over the pass into the city, and once upon my return. Luckily I have access to a nice shop-installed Hotsy unit. Road grime and de-icing chemicals make me sad for my car, so I try to stay on top of it in the windows between winter storms. While it can be turned up to 212°, about 120-130° does a nice job of knocking off the ice chunks and such.
A few months into the ceramic coating and it continues to impress with how easily heavy grime comes off.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Funny....I received a notice of violation in one of the Northeast states a few years back for following to close. It was based on a toll booth photo showing the Honda within 5 feet of the coach!

I need to wash out the radiator as soon as we get some warm temperatures.
Wash from the inside outward. Don't want to drive the stones deeper into the radiator fins with water pressure.

·
Registered
175 Posts
During the warmer months, I do a better job just using those powerwashing bays -- and they're cheaper -- just a pain in the butt doing the underbody. However, in the winter, I like the dealership wash or Mike's. Mike's CarWash is a Midwest thing, so it's not everywhere, but it's the best -- soft sponges instead of brushes -- and they do a really good job of pre-washing it.
For years I have only used automatic car washes that don't have brushes. Works well. As the blower never fully dries the car as I drive out of the car wash, I take a towel so I can finish wiping the remaining water off.

I have had my '57 Pontiac hand washed at a local car wash and I have hand washed it. However, for the past few years I have not washed it. I had it professionally detailed, washed and waxed, a few years ago and, as we take it out for a drive about every two weeks, I simply use my California duster to dust it off. I did run it through an automatic car wash once, but when I discovered the floor mat in the rear was damp, I decided to not do that again. I have a few bottles of Mother's detailing spray I've gotten free at car shows that I use to keep it looking good if necessary.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts