Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just finished installing the door visors. Everything went fairly smoothly except for one broken clip (see attached). I checked "cliplink.com" and "clipsandfasteners.com" with no luck. The size of the clip is super small. Any ideas??? Thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help guys. These clips are super tiny and not your standard, run of the mill types. I have my doubts but we'll see.

·
Registered
252 Posts
When I installed my Gentex Homelink mirror I ordered on-line one very special clip that holds the A-pillar trim (plastic cover where the front curtain airbag is located). I got the OEM Honda part on it's little Honda labeled bag. It was like $1
That clip was part of the Honda OEM mirror cable harness which I did not buy.
Just search and You will get it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No luck so far. The dealer called Honda Canada and the only way to get this clip, for now, is to purchase the accessory again (for one measly clip:mad:). There is no sku or part no for this item, hence no way to order it. I'm truly at a loss:confused:.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
That's a Honda Accessory, so who ever you bought it from should supply you with the clip. I had a similiar issue with a Honda Acc. Kit, some of the parts were missing. I called the place where I got the accessory from and they sent the parts that I needed.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a Honda Accessory, so who ever you bought it from should supply you with the clip. I had a similiar issue with a Honda Acc. Kit, some of the parts were missing. I called the place where I got the accessory from and they sent the parts that I needed.
Yep, I called the seller. It's not something they keep separately in stock. They typically send the accessory back to Honda if there's a missing item. I would guess that's what they'll do when they send me the replacement clip(s) from the new package. I can't see it any other way.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Try with the guys at collegehillshonda.com
Good luck!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would go into the parts department at Honda and ask them, instead of calling, they definitly have the stupid clip. They always do...
I did both, I called and visited a couple of dealerships (parts dep't) here and they don't have them. It's a very "obscure" part that is probably only used for the door visor and nothing else. The original seller will be getting back to me on this...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I think your best bet, is like you said earlier, the supplier can take the parts out of a new package and then they can send it back to Honda. Your right, that clip is probably only used on the door visor. So the Honda dealerships won't have it. It's not your fault the clip was broke, they need to get you one.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
If you do post a better pic of the clip, I can also look at the plant and maybe find one that's at least close to it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, just got a call back from the supplier and they managed to track down the part no: 08R04-TL0-00001. It's called a push rivet and cost $1.07 per. Thanks all for your help.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So are they going to give it to you?
No, I ordered this from Bernardi Parts. I'm north of the border. They want me to order this part from the local dealership first. He left it open for me to call him back if it doesn't work out.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As long as you get it I guess. So you have to move across the border to get it? or are they going to ship it up to you?
Just to clarify, I broke the clip. It didn't come already broken so they're not responsible. Now I know what you're getting at...;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts