Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running on LPG on here? Going to convert mine and have a couple of questions before I start.

What size tank did you get in the boot?
Are the gas jets fitted into the aluminium manifold or the plastic section? I'm going to buy a spare one to drill and tap off the car.
Have you had a flash lube kit fitted?

I have had a car converted before so know what it's like running on it.

This time I am thinking of doing the conversion myself and then getting it checked and certified by a professional.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is available over here. It costs about half the price of petrol and you get nearly as may miles per litre out of it. There is a slight loss of power but hardly noticeable. Its also better for the environment.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My brother in law did it to his Subaru Outback in Las Vegas. He used 2 smaller cylinders that were at with safety valves set at 3000psi but they took only about a converted 10 gallons of LNG. LNG, Propane and even hydrogen fuel cell refill stations all over owned by Clark County. A huge county area wise. Propane and LNG has been available up and down the Rocky Mountain areas since the oil strikes and embargoes of the late 1970s. I remember having quite a few Canadian friends with long tanks in the beds of pickup trucks while in college. It's just another fuel source and it was much easier on the wallet. It did essentially take almost all your cargo capacity. Friends were from Alberta, BC, Ontario and Nova Scotia. Good luck on the project. A very good option considering petrol prices in Canada.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

·
Registered
10 Posts
In Poland many second and third gen. have instaled LPG systems. But it must be good instalation - ex. italian BRC Sequent 24.11 (brt.it) which prevents valves burning.

You must do every 10.000 miles/15.000 km valves regulation when using LPG. Some reported 200 thousends of miles without any problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts