Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wish I could say they are quite and they are on my 2000 Dakota however on my "2013 CRV EXL I do not find them as being quite at all. Have had them 3 years, 40000 miles and quite is not something I relate to these tires. Now as for ride quality, traction, especially in rain on back roads and at internet speeds I just can not say better things about them. Wonderful. But, I can hear them while driving and I am hoping someone else will post saying otherwise. Personally, I do not think there is enough or maybe any isulation around the wheel wells inside the car in the cargo compartment behind the vinyl. I replaced the origonal Continental whatever they were and they were far worse noisewise and I didn't trust them. They did not drive on the road the way the Michellins do. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just before my second Winter, Oct '16 at 19,634 miles, I replaced the OEM Bridgestone Duelers. Great when new but wore out very fast. I'm easy on tires, too. Just over 40,000 on the Michelins. Not even close to halfway worn. 100% even wear. Still handle wet conditions almost like when new. The closest match tread wise to what's available today looks more like the Defender T + H. Mine do say MS on the them, but in small letters close to the wheel.
Receipt just says "MCH Defender A/S Mileage - 90,000"
The biggest difference I noticed first thing when they were new is the steering felt lighter. It was easier to turn. Especially when parking. I think Michelin marketing at the time said they weighed noticeably less than other tires. They were #1 rated on CR at that time, too. They're quiet enough, although the '15 CRV isn't free of the road noise many Honda models were known for in the past. If you can spring for the price of a new set and an all wheel alignment it's a good investment, assuming your suspension is in okay shape. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have them on my 2008 CRV. Great great tire. They are not as quiet as other brands out there. But that is the design of the rubber form Michelin. They are not excessively loud to the point where it bothers me of my wife.

The pros outweigh the noise anyway.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have since the fall and they are amazing! I went with Defenders XLT Costco which is the same as Defenders LTX. I love Michelin. I wish I had put them on sooner.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I put Michelin Defender T+H's on my wife's CR-V a couple of months ago.
Love 'em.
They are so quiet on a smooth road you can now here wind noise, whereas before you couldn't.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Replaced my crap OEM tires (Hankook) tires for Defenders on our 18 touring AWD. Night and day difference this winter. Tires are not noticeably noisy although I am sure the premieres are quieter but since we put 30k miles per year on this car, tread life and improved winter traction were the main factors. Also have these on our 2010 accord sedan.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX
13 Posts
I'm starting to look around as well as my original Duelers are worn at 54000 miles.
Costco has limited brands (Bridgestone and Michelin being the most common) to choose from, but they do sell Defenders T+H and LTX.

I love the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus tires (very quiet) but they don't make them for the CRV size

Here is a website that lists some of these for quietness.
"Tire reviews and more dot com" have the list on their website

·
Registered
2022 Honda CR-V HYBRID AWD EX-L (White/Ivory)
24 Posts
I replaced the OEM's with Michelin Defender LTX from Discount Tire on my 2019 CR-V AWD EX-L and I've been very happy. I felt that the ride and sound level improved noticeably. We took them on a 1000mi road trip through the mountains to test and they were great in the rain and winding hills etc. Also the tire has siping which seems to have helped out very much to improve the winter and wet grip. Wishing my new CR-V also had them but maybe in the future.

Reactions: Tinalove
1 - 15 of 15 Posts