Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CR-V Touring
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazon cabin filters are on sale - the 2 packs

Has anyone used these on our CR-Vs? CF11182 is supposed to be the Fram part number but the dimensions don't match exactly and the few honda comments are using different sizes. If anyone's used this with our gen please chime in. Amazon says that does not fit the CR-V but it's not the first time Amazon's been wrong about a part.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,026 Posts
I use what fits the car off Amzon, have to dig the link up if it does not match, is it wise to use it???? why not go get any old filters and cut to size, why they are spacific sizes.. time for coffee.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
Amazon cabin filters are on sale - the 2 packs

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...3?keywords=CF11182&qid=1583476418&sr=8-3&th=1

Has anyone used these on our CR-Vs? CF11182 is supposed to be the Fram part number but the dimensions don't match exactly and the few honda comments are using different sizes. If anyone's used this with our gen please chime in. Amazon says that does not fit the CR-V but it's not the first time Amazon's been wrong about a part.
I personally only use OEM filters.

But, based on reviews of the Amazon Basics line of filters, it looks to be meeting owner expectations.

How so? Well as a long time Amazon Prime customer, when looking at products online I do a complete analysis of customer reviews. I look at the aggregate of 4 and 5 star reviews, and the aggregate of 1 and 2 star reviews, and then look specifically at the 1 and 2 star posts to see what the problem is.

In this case, 4 and 5 star reviews aggregate as 89%.. which is excellent as long as the reviews are real (ie: not salted reviews, which generally never happens with Amazon Basics products). And if you look at the 1 and 2 star reviews... most of the complaints are "wrong size" which frankly is a customer error. Clearly , Amazon sells by size which will befuddle some buyers, but they do have a banner at the top that will confirm if a product fits your vehicle or not (as long as you have added a vehicle profile to your account, by using Amazons "Garage" feature where you can set up profiles for as many vehicles has you own). "Garage" really helps take the guess work out of buying products for your vehicles on Amazon, so I encourage owners to use the feature).

So.. based on the reviews from customers.... (y) (y)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Since it's not really much (if any) of a discount over part numbers that do claim to fit, just get one of those instead. (I generally order engine, cabin, and oil filters from Rock Auto when I place an order for windshield wipers. Rock Auto's prices on all those items is better than Amazon, and if you bundle those items together, the shipping cost doesn't cancel out your savings.)

·
Registered
2018 CR-V Touring
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reason I was looking at the Amazon one is that it's the only ones I've seen with carbon which still looks white - hence easier to tell if it needs to be replaced. That and $6 something seemed like a good deal.

I'll probably go ahead and order these instead since they're even cheaper carbon filters.

thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Cabin filters?
Use a cheap carbon one. $6 plus free 1-day shipping is better than what they wanted at the dealer($200 installation included)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have used the K&N cabin air filter for the past two years. I wash it when I change the oil which comes out to every 6 months since my wife doesn't drive too much. It has already paid for itself and seems to filter at least as well as the OEM filter.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I’ve been using the ecoguard brand for all my air filters in the crv. They look identical to oem. I used to use only oem oil filters but switched to bosh last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
880 Posts
Unless you have severe allergies, cabin air filters are probably the least-critical maintenance item you can buy; for decades and decades they weren’t even included in auto design. So I’d go with whatever is cheapest and simply replace frequently enough (every 20-30k) to keep the air flowing.

·
Registered
2017 EX White Diamond Pearl
171 Posts
I am contemplating making my own out a trim to fit filter available at Walmarts for $9.88 + tax. My lungs are outside my car 99% of the time but I do worry a bit about the heater core/ AC whayever.....

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,026 Posts
So yeah what I used I got two filters for the price you're paying

Reactions: mrswans

·
Registered
541 Posts
Unless you have severe allergies, cabin air filters are probably the least-critical maintenance item you can buy; for decades and decades they weren’t even included in auto design. So I’d go with whatever is cheapest and simply replace frequently enough (every 20-30k) to keep the air flowing.
I concur for sure. Funny how we drive with our windows open and never worry about a filter. How times have changed...

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I concur for sure. Funny how we drive with our windows open and never worry about a filter. How times have changed...
What? Some people actually drive with their windows OPEN?? Wow, the coronavirus (COVID19) is sure going to get them, or, the dust etc in the 'fresh' air might cause them to smile. :eek:
Buffalo4

1 - 20 of 35 Posts