1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I asked the seller about the bulbs used as it was not clear:

Bulb Model: 9005 High Beam / H1 Low Beam / Beam Type: Projector Low Beam
Turn signal :7444NA 12V28/8W

So there is a 9005 bulb for the high and thus the running light (50% power reduction) built in to these cars.

Since it's seperated lights I can then run LED lights on the H1 low projector circuit or so I think?

I want to keep the daylight running option but H4 LED bulbs don't dim properly as they were never designed too and that's where this assy comes in.

There is another $ too with an LED strip but it's $300+.

Also it looks like the turn signal light is now where the yellow running light was on the factory lights and maybe the running light is gone???

So any feedback?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,413 Posts
Moving to Accessories section. You might also look on the Gen 3 CR-V Facebook group. There are several members there who have made similar upgrades and are very happy with them.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,027 Posts
The eBay units light output is usually trash, cheap projector or bulb options and made more for aesthetics than function.
For the cost of the lights/strips whatever , look into contacting a custom set. You can have someone open your oems up. Clear them, add led strip and real led or hid projector with solid cutoff for a few dollars more

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The eBay units light output is usually trash, cheap projector or bulb options and made more for aesthetics than function.
For the cost of the lights/strips whatever , look into contacting a custom set. You can have someone open your oems up. Clear them, add led strip and real led or hid projector with solid cutoff for a few dollars more
Thanks for the input!

So my factory light assy are bad and sun damaged all to hell. I've buffed them out but they never full clear up.

I've wondered about wet sanding and clear coating?

Or are the aftermarket ones, that look like stock, any good?

Obviously I would continue to use H4 bulb (I want to keep that DRL option in place for my wife)...so the big ? is are the reflectors the same as OEM?
Is the light pattern the same atleast on the aftermarket?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So an LED strip would come on with the car? I try to get my wife to atleast turn on the side marker lights every time but most off she forgets so I need some kind of auto light that says hey see me.

The current DRL method is affective it's just night light sucks. H4 LED bulbs don't dim on high beam or I would add them.

I do plan on adding some driving lights to the front bumper factory spot to help w/ led bulbs.

Any recommendation? Genuine is $ vs aftermarket?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have thought too about pulling the DRL fuse, adding LED H4 and then adding some kind of external mount LED strip to the car that comes on whenever the car is on.

Anyone have input on that and how to wire and what product to use?

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,413 Posts
There are a fair number of threads on this work in the DIY section - light conversions and mods of all kinds. Also some in Accessories, for aftermarket parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts