Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving my new-used 2010 CR-V EXL, especially the really nice leather interior with the nice carpeting. Problem is I am a newspaper photographer constantly out in the weather. It wasn't a problem in my 2004 Ranger with rubber mats and plastic flooring, but now I'm riding in style and want to keep it that way. I was looking at the Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, as well as some others and came across the 3D MAXpider's. They look real nice. They seem like they should hold up to the occasional rain, snow and mud and can be cleaned with a hose. As long as I let the dry. I think the Weathertech's are more of a solid plastic material that would be easier to clean and dry faster, but I imagine have the hard plastic feel and sound. They are also more money. I can get front and back MAXpider's for around $150 delivered.

So anyone using them? How do they hold/clean up? Do they cover the front center hump? Looks like they do from the pics in the link below. I saw one thread on hear mentioning them and was wondering if anyone else had them, or other recommendations.

http://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-Complete-Custom-All-Weather/dp/B009TAOAYO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=31YHyfr-JwL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0BGKXRC63P0WZMXV8NFF

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm not sure where you're at but i got a set of the front and rear Huskey mats for $132 with free shipping from Amazon right around Christmas or shortly after it. Fitment was spot on, they lock into place on the driver side with the mat holders and they trap everything on the mat since the sides are raised up. As for the rear Huskey mat, yeah it covers the entire rear floor area in the passenger compartment. I've got an AWD 2015 EX and there's just a slight hump in the middle the separates the left from the right but the mat just goes right over top of it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Angier35, if you could I would love to see a picture of your new mats in your CR-V. I want to see how they fit, how far up they go on the sides. If not, not big deal and thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just can't decide between the more expensive, more plasticy, higher sided, probably more rugged Weathertech Digitals or the better looking, less expensive, lower sided, softer rubbery MAXpider's. Wish there was a way to see them in person side by side. I think then the decision would be easier.

On the one hand I want something that will best protect my carpet from the snow, mud and rain water and last. The Weathertech's seem like they fit this bill. On the other hand the MAXpider's look better in my opinion and are cheaper. Plus from my research are less hard plastic sounding and feeling under foot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I just pulled the trigger on the black MAXpider's front and back from Amazon for $160 after tax. They should be here in a couple of days. I guess if I don't like them, I can send them back. I will try and do a video review when I get them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's OK Angier35. I went ahead and ordered them anyway. They just arrived today and from first impressions, I like them. I am going to take some pictures and maybe make a video in a couple of days. We got some bad rain here today and it's funny that I want to wait until it stops to vacuum out my CR-V and install my new waterproof mats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts