Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last nite 2:33-2:35 door pops open interiorlighton a minute plus later it dims off the culprit went with a asthma pump, wheel locks and owners manual. If the culprit had pulled the door no head lights or park lamps will flash, If a keyfob is to use the park lights flash twice. so now that sats to me he did not have an APp to say look this car is opening detours right into the car.

if I were were walking fast and pulling hte handle did not open I be quickly miving on. If I had an APP and in advance popped the unlucj I am quickly opening the door and off I go.

that is hte part I can not see happening on video to dark to see, as the culprit heads off within a minute some one is walking by and I can not point the finger but if I speak to my friend and see his footage then I know the answer.

In real life there is nothing you can do to get the stuff back or risk doing something that can never be taken back you let this go. Wheel locks are replacable the lug nuts now must come off and that is going to be a challenge and if the spare one's I have do not fit then off to the dealer/store I go for two things that one they may not sell .

tiem to say thanks for listening. it is a lot better then some one smashing and going. valuables will now be modifed to the car. hate taking stuff that is needed and locking up.

what would a culprit do with the stuff sell for cash, the way we live.

So lucky me I got a spare or two correct size locks and lucky me a 12Pt socket is the trick

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
... interiorlighton a minute plus later...it dims off the culprit...so now that sats to me he did not have an APp to say look this car is opening detours right into the car.

...pulling hte handle... be quickly miving on. ...popped the unlucj I am quickly ...

...that is hte part I can not...

...tiem to say thanks for listening....
Always fun to 'listen' to gibberish

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
A person broke into his car and took an asthma pump, wheel lock removal tool and the owners manual. I am assuming that he thinks they opened the door with some kind of App and that he is worried they will come back and steal his tires, so he is going to change the wheel locks.

Be patient and kind when dealing with people.
Rob

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,072 Posts
A person broke into his car and took an asthma pump, wheel lock removal tool and the owners manual. I am assuming that he thinks they opened the door with some kind of App and that he is worried they will come back and steal his tires, so he is going to change the wheel locks.

Be patient and kind when dealing with people.
Rob
I think you're right. There are well known devices that copy the signal from the key fob. People commonly leave them close to the front door of their home. With a repeater they clone and transmit the code to the car, allowing it to open and be driven off.
If you don't believe me, check Youtube.

Reactions: robbyg

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I apologize to all T bad day :

at 2:33 AM the flashers went off, interior light on and the flashers off interior light dimming.. a thief got away with a Asthma pump, a wheel lock, and owners manual.

I now need to take off the wheel locks if a flat on any tire happens, then realize down the road..

In order to take off the wheel lock one of the methods is to place a 12 pt socket which in this case is a 3/4 in. banged carefully on, or a professional rubber wheel lock remover socket that runs about $20.00 for one size? that is a knock off. Or go to a tire shop and say thank you .

Now what I have on video is like said the walk to the cars was fast, door was opened fast and the SOB was kind enough to relock it.

I say this could have been an APP or program, but also this can be b/c the trunk and doors do not communicate to each other correctly. If you close the trunk last the doors may not lock. that is what we are trying to figure out if it is a flaw in the system. Bottom line is to manually Press the Smart key to Lock END! Our Toyota you must touch the Door in order to lock END! you can not walk away and it locks.

FYI Iwrote backwards as a kid when I had to write righty as I a a lefty go figure , never can type T H E correctly.

so make sure you all pick on me. Man if I can remember from Hondasuv the person who sent me a keyboard, and even a plaque blue something.... makes you all look like characters here....... pick on me and watch the next video....

Never offended

AKA roadster

·
Banned
252 Posts
What do you mean by having to write backwards?

Do you mean one word at a time you had to think about and spell backwards in your head as you were writing?

If so, who wanted this, your parents or teachers or both?
That sounds pretty awful.

I know you're always trying to help people with your videos and your posts on here. I think you're a good guy.

Sorry about your "learning disability" and sorry about your car getting broken into. That really sucks!

I'm a lefty too, but thankfully everyone pretty much left me alone about it when I was a kid. I have heard stories from other lefties similar to your story though.

Anyways, good luck man. Keep fighting the good fight.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
skipping the leftovers here. to those that care:

$60.00 later wheel locks removed and new one's one moving on to better things in Cyber world..

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I apologize to all T bad day :

at 2:33 AM the flashers went off, interior light on and the flashers off interior light dimming.. a thief got away with a Asthma pump, a wheel lock, and owners manual.

I now need to take off the wheel locks if a flat on any tire happens, then realize down the road..

In order to take off the wheel lock one of the methods is to place a 12 pt socket which in this case is a 3/4 in. banged carefully on, or a professional rubber wheel lock remover socket that runs about $20.00 for one size? that is a knock off. Or go to a tire shop and say thank you .

Now what I have on video is like said the walk to the cars was fast, door was opened fast and the SOB was kind enough to relock it.

I say this could have been an APP or program, but also this can be b/c the trunk and doors do not communicate to each other correctly. If you close the trunk last the doors may not lock. that is what we are trying to figure out if it is a flaw in the system. Bottom line is to manually Press the Smart key to Lock END! Our Toyota you must touch the Door in order to lock END! you can not walk away and it locks.

FYI Iwrote backwards as a kid when I had to write righty as I a a lefty go figure , never can type T H E correctly.

so make sure you all pick on me. Man if I can remember from Hondasuv the person who sent me a keyboard, and even a plaque blue something.... makes you all look like characters here....... pick on me and watch the next video....

Never offended

AKA roadster
Hey Fish I get you perfectly. I had an Aunt who did the same thing to her Son. He was naturally left handed and she thought that was not the correct way to do things so she forced him to use his right hand to write and brush his teeth etc. When she was not around he would go back to using his left hand. As he became an adult he had a lot of problems with writing as he had done most of it with his right hand while growing up and never did write well because of it. When he left home he went back to using his left hand but at that point it was difficult to start over again. He also has problems typing because he presses a letter with his left hand and out of habit will sometimes press it again with the right or in some cases forget to write down certain letters or make serious spelling mistakes due to his brain trying to work out the coordination issue.

Anyway we have all heard you speak and know your fine. Your posts are worth the extra few minutes to get past the issues, so keep up the good work. I look forward to your video on what happened.

BTW the fact that the alarm went off means that he did not use something to fool the door into opening. The door might not have been locked properly or he jammed something into the key slot or down the window and opened it manually. I had a guy use a shive and just slide it down the glass and somehow open my old SUVs door. I also had a guy who just used a crow bar and bent back the top corner of the door and then used a extended tool to open the lock.

Rob

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
405 Posts
I welcome someone to try that in my neighborhood. Alabama has a castle doctine law; I have big dogs and firearms - backed up with insurance. Incidentally, mines not even locked.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CRV EXL Molten Lava Red
136 Posts
Last nite 2:33-2:35 door pops open interiorlighton a minute plus later it dims off the culprit went with a asthma pump, wheel locks and owners manual. If the culprit had pulled the door no head lights or park lamps will flash, If a keyfob is to use the park lights flash twice. so now that sats to me he did not have an APp to say look this car is opening detours right into the car.

if I were were walking fast and pulling hte handle did not open I be quickly miving on. If I had an APP and in advance popped the unlucj I am quickly opening the door and off I go.

that is hte part I can not see happening on video to dark to see, as the culprit heads off within a minute some one is walking by and I can not point the finger but if I speak to my friend and see his footage then I know the answer.

In real life there is nothing you can do to get the stuff back or risk doing something that can never be taken back you let this go. Wheel locks are replacable the lug nuts now must come off and that is going to be a challenge and if the spare one's I have do not fit then off to the dealer/store I go for two things that one they may not sell .

tiem to say thanks for listening. it is a lot better then some one smashing and going. valuables will now be modifed to the car. hate taking stuff that is needed and locking up.

what would a culprit do with the stuff sell for cash, the way we live.

So lucky me I got a spare or two correct size locks and lucky me a 12Pt socket is the trick
I think your fingers got ahead of your thoughts. Did you do this while angry? Slow down, take a breath, everything will turn out right for you. I usually like to read your info because you really try to explain what you are doing. take care, life is good.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Fish I get you perfectly. I had an Aunt who did the same thing to her Son. He was naturally left handed and she thought that was not the correct way to do things so she forced him to use his right hand to write and brush his teeth etc. When she was not around he would go back to using his left hand. As he became an adult he had a lot of problems with writing as he had done most of it with his right hand while growing up and never did write well because of it. When he left home he went back to using his left hand but at that point it was difficult to start over again. He also has problems typing because he presses a letter with his left hand and out of habit will sometimes press it again with the right or in some cases forget to write down certain letters or make serious spelling mistakes due to his brain trying to work out the coordination issue.

Anyway we have all heard you speak and know your fine. Your posts are worth the extra few minutes to get past the issues, so keep up the good work. I look forward to your video on what happened.

BTW the fact that the alarm went off means that he did not use something to fool the door into opening. The door might not have been locked properly or he jammed something into the key slot or down the window and opened it manually. I had a guy use a shive and just slide it down the glass and somehow open my old SUVs door. I also had a guy who just used a crow bar and bent back the top corner of the door and then used a extended tool to open the lock.

Rob
thank you Rob:

When I was a kid, broke a bone and the hand writing like said, right handed was all backwards not slow....Yeah I know what you mean and all.. thank you.. about how the person got in just to dark to tell, and we think it all has to do with the tailgate last to be operated. We will see We will manually lock with the fob. Our Toyota you must touch the car to lock.

Reactions: robbyg

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think your fingers got ahead of your thoughts. Did you do this while angry? Slow down, take a breath, everything will turn out right for you. I usually like to read your info because you really try to explain what you are doing. take care, life is good.
Lol you never know I run a mile a minute and I have to slow down lol no think I just did not have the proper glasses on and simply like Rob said I must type harder and like you said take my time.. Yes I am old school can't type as fast as my brain lol thank you not insulted at all.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.