Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchase a 2016 Honda CRV and it does not have Apple Car Play included. I noticed that the new Ridgeline in the showroom did in fact have Apple Car Play.
Does anybody know if Honda plans on offering Apple Car Play in the 2017 CRV? If it does, I'm assuming that it would then just be a software upgrade to my entertainment system.

Thanks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
There are a lot of existing discussions about this on the forum, if you do a search. The general opinion/conclusion was that Honda hasNO plans to upgrade the 2015/2016 model with Android Auto or Apple Carplay. It would cost them money to support people, even if the hardware did have the horsepower to do so. It's looking like the 2017 will probably be built on the same 2015 generation platform, but I doubt anyone knows yet if that one will be getting a new head unit capable of those things. If I were to guess, I'd say they will keep it the same as the other two years and wait until the next model year when it goes through a complete design change. (on new Civic platform) I guess we will know for sure in a few weeks, when they start showing up at dealers. These are only my personal opinions/guess.

I would love Android auto, too, and its a shame that they have it in other models but not the CRV. I went with a phone bracket, so I use the features built in to the phone instead. (plus WAZE for navigation, because the Honda nav and voice commands are so very annoying and useless)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yes, I would love Android, too!! I am hoping it will be available in the 2017. Perhaps they will add the 360 view, too...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm interested in buying a 2016 CRV EX-L instead of the 2017 because of the gas/oil issues. Every dealer dummies up when asked about it and says never heard of it. I would buy the 2016 but would love to have Apple AirPlay. Any comments about the 2017 issue and how about after market install for AirPlay - do they work well, best options/cost? Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
eliza15
Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
Full Forum Listing