Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way to install the Apple CarPlay in the 2015 EXL? I know they beta tested on this vehicle, seems like I’d only need the software.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX
66 Posts
i doubt it. I got a 2016 crv exl and the best it could do is just mirror the iphone screen on the stock 2 din radio using an hdmi adapter.

I already replaced three of my honda's with apple carplay and android auto capable headunits:
1) 2008 civic ex with nav - replaced with JVC KW-M750BT (carplay/android auto)
- used idatalink sw adapter for steering wheel controls

2) 2013 civic ht non-premium radio - replaced with Sony XAV-AX5000 (carplay/android auto)
- used metra axxess sw adapter for steering wheel controls (both handsfree and audio remote buttons)
- reverse camera retained in imid display (maybe will transfer the camera to the nice 7" display on the sony in the future)

3) 2008 element ex - replaced with JVC-810HD (built in navigation/non-carplay/android auto)

My 2016 crv ex is a bit relatively new to me, so I plan to replace the unit maybe another two(2) years from now. I am content with using the usb direct connect to iphone (ipod mode) to play from phone - music/podcast etc. i try to avoid bluetooth since connecting directly to phone using ipod mode - i get the benefit of continuous phone charging while using in on my car

·
Registered
710 Posts
Not that I know of.

Your best bet will be an aftermarket head unit. www.crutchfield.com is a good place to start your search.

Reactions: Lee_Bo

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not that I know of.

Your best bet will be an aftermarket head unit. www.crutchfield.com is a good place to start your search.
I agree. While I spent a little more than I was planning, I got all required and optional wiring harnesses and for an additional $30 (I believe) they wired all the harnesses together so it was literally plug and play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree. While I spent a little more than I was planning, I got all required and optional wiring harnesses and for an additional $30 (I believe) they wired all the harnesses together so it was literally plug and play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Which model did you install? Does it work with bluetooth and backup camera?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts