Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my maps display correctly through car play but for some reason podcasts, Amazon music, and other apps do not display , only a black screen. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’ve had this happen and sometimes it’s a connection issue, other times you need to force quit and restart the app. When it’s a connection issue, for me it’s been because the phone is trying to connect to WiFi that is too far away and the app never loads the data, resulting in the black screen. For example, I have xfinity and can connect to any xfinity WiFi router in the country so long as the owner hasn’t turned off the public WiFi connection, giving me thousands of extra access points pretty much anywhere in the country. Problem is when driving, it will see these networks and never really connect due to distance being travelled, resulting in the black screen issue.

·
Registered
425 Posts
also sometimes the carplay setting in the iphone gets corrupted (can happen) so what I did was "general/settings/carplay/"honda"/"forget this car".... then I would setup car play connection again with the CRV (after I reset the head-unit by long pressing the power button).
Regarding wifi connection, you might want to NOT auto-connect to any wifi. That could be a security risk IMO. While on the road your cell data is good enough unless you don't have unlimited data plan or you have poor cell reception.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,209 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.