Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at some Pioneer decks with Apple CarPlay compatibility. Has anyone installed any carplay models? Like? I put in an older Kenwood with Iphone connectivity to hold me over until I can research the carplay models and they come down in price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I transplanted my NEX4100 from my Civic to CR-V LX the day after I purchased it.

Was a fairly straightforward and easy install. The only thing I'm missing is my voice control on the steering wheel. On the Civic it would turn on Siri and now it just mutes audio.

Carplay is still buggy; I get crashes and restarts sometimes and Apple Maps isn't as good as Google Maps or Waze. Being able to listen and respond to iMessages, play podcasts, play music (I have an Apple Music subscription as well) is amazing though, and the level of integration with my phone is amazing though.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Jeezz guys, it's a transportation device, not a media player. And yeah, I have iPod, bluetooth, and XM all fully loaded, it all matters much less than the wheels on their own. ;-)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Jeezz guys, it's a transportation device, not a media player. And yeah, I have iPod, bluetooth, and XM all fully loaded, it all matters much less than the wheels on their own. ;-)
I have to disagree with you there Tom. My commute to work would suck without my music and podcasts. I get all of that from my phone... so if my phone can integrate better with my car so that accessing those things is easier (and thereby safer) then I am all for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts