Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Have you all figured out how to adjust the Apple CarPlay volume setting when you are receiving a phone call? I can't figure out how to lower the notification when receiving a phone call. I would love the "ring" to be set at the same volume my radio is. It's really annoying because when a call comes through it makes us all jump.

Thanks

·
Registered
686 Posts
Have you tried lowering the spund level on the phone itself. When I'm connected through bluetooth only not using carplay I found the music volume depended on the phone volume.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I did a google search and it turns out there's a seperate volume level for calls and reading texts. However, it can ONLY be adjuted while it's being used...haha. So you need to call yourself and lower the volume while it's ringing. It will then save that volume level. I haven;t tried this, but that's what I've.

So in summary, stereo/music and phone calls have separate volume levels, but they must be adjusted while it's playing.

Reactions: Meg6775

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there a fix for this?? So, under phone settings, I have it set to Fixed and when phone is not connected via cable, it rings at a good level. When connected via Cable for Carplay, the ringer volume is LOUD. Yes, I can turn it down as it rings, but, then I can't hear the person calling and I have to turn it back up. So, next phone call, it is blaring again. Is there a fix for this. This is totally stupid. Shouldn't the ringer volume and be different from the volume of the person calling?? The volume level is soo loud and starling that I can see this creating an accident.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I'm guessing there really isn't a way to have the ring volume lower than the talk volume... permanently???
It just about sends me through the roof each time it rings. It's like touching an electric fence... just sayin

·
Registered
544 Posts
It certainly gets ones' attention...

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,073 Posts
Does adjusting the ringer volume on the iPhone change the level of sound in CarPlay?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm also in the same boat. The phone mic volume is great but when a call comes in I also almost have a heart attack :) I need to set up my wife's phone on her GLK350 this weekend so I'm going to make her call me multiple times with my iPhone connected to my CRV to see if there are options to reduce the ring volume.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ridiculous Issue

I have a 2018 Honda CrV Touring which I am very much enjoying with the exception of one very, very annoying issue. Apple CarPlay should be a great feature and it is one of the many, many features that attracted us to the CRV. Unfortunately, this ringer issue keeps me on pins and needles wondering when the phone will ring. The startling loudness of the ringer is a true safety hazard. Seems the Apple CarPlay ringer issue has been going on for some time. I've read many concerns and supposed cures for this ailment with none of them working. This is a ridiculous issue that Honda and Apple should have addressed long ago.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Honda, please fix this issue! I want to use Apple CarPlay, but I don't want to have a heart attack or a car accident when the damn phone rings!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carplay 2018

I have the same issue with the ringer and phone call volume in general. My music also cuts out intermittently for no apparent reason. I wondered why the Carplay was not wireless (it seems so archaic to have to plug the phone in and a little inconvenient). But since I have to plug my iphone 7 in to charge anyway I decided to live with that annoyance for now. Oddly the Apple technology seems - amateurish. I also wonder if it might be a bad install in the CR-V????

·
Registered
64 Posts
The car manufacturer is responsible for the implementaiton of CarPlay. Honda currently does not support wireless CarPlay and you have to use a cable to connect your iPhone. It should also be noted that CarPlay is an Android App living in the head unit.

One of the things I can't stand is when plugging in my iPhone it switches to iPod mode and starts to play music unless I have the radio playing. I also find that my iPhone switches from the radio to the iPhone (CarPlay) when I open an app that support audio output even if I turn of audio output (i.e. - Waze)

·
Registered
1 Posts
CarPlay Loud Rington

All,

Have you all figured out how to adjust the Apple CarPlay volume setting when you are receiving a phone call? I can't figure out how to lower the notification when receiving a phone call. I would love the "ring" to be set at the same volume my radio is. It's really annoying because when a call comes through it makes us all jump.

Thanks
I have a 2018 CRV with this same problem. Dealership was no help with resolution. I finally figured it out on my own. I have an iPhone 6S.
Engage Siri with CarPlay. I did this via Phone option. While ‘with’ Siri adjust the volume. I found the volume was set to ‘25’ there. The ringtone on next incoming call was so much better and stayed that way with subsequent calls. This did not help the low volume for caller’s voice. I had to adjust that while on the call.

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
1,034 Posts
I have a 2018 CRV with this same problem. Dealership was no help with resolution. I finally figured it out on my own. I have an iPhone 6S.
Engage Siri with CarPlay. I did this via Phone option. While ‘with’ Siri adjust the volume. I found the volume was set to ‘25’ there. The ringtone on next incoming call was so much better and stayed that way with subsequent calls. This did not help the low volume for caller’s voice. I had to adjust that while on the call.
Glad you figured it out. The fix for this is the same on most cars built in last 5 yrs w/ bluetooth and now Apple Carplay. There have been many posts on this issue but you were the smart one. Sometimes people need to dig a little more in the past posts and they'll find the answer.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I am not sure why people are upset about this. It is working the same way the phone works.
On your iPhone you can only adjust the Movie or Audio volume when you are using a player if not the buttons will adjust the Phones ring volume and to adjust the phone call volume you need to be on a phone call to make the adjustment. It's pretty much the same on the Honda. one control that changes the volume level but only changes it for the activity that is in use at the time.

Rob

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
1,034 Posts
You guys must not have the radio on or at a really low volume. Once you start using nav. (if you have it) you'll wish you had more volume for the voice prompts. As far as googling to find out about this fix, READ YOUR OWNER'S MANUAL. It tells you new owners all this stuff.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I've not had the issue of the extremely loud phone call since upgrading to iOS 12. Can anyone else confirm that the issue has gone away?
For me, it seems that the ringer volume and call volume are still together at the same volume in the Honda CR-V implementation of CarPlay. I used CarPlay on a Buick LaCrosse, and it worked as it should with separate volume for ringer and calls.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.