Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It’s been a week since we initially contacted Honda Corporate to start this process. Currently our case manager refuses to answer our calls and will not return our calls. She will not assign us to another case manager or send us to a supervisor.. so we aren’t really getting anywhere with them.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
This is very confusing. Almost like we're missing part of the story. If Honda corp. tells you the car is "irreparable" and the dealer says it's fine, something doesn't add up. If everything you're stating is true, call your local TV news and fill them in. At minimum, get a lawyer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This is very confusing. Almost like we're missing part of the story. If Honda corp. tells you the car is "irreparable" and the dealer says it's fine, something doesn't add up. If everything you're stating is true, call your local TV news and fill them in. At minimum, get a lawyer.
The dealer said it is broken but drivable, if that makes sense. The dealer said Honda Corp told them not to touch my car due to the “known issue.”

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I had a similar problem with a new F-150 I bought. I had a limited slip differential chattering issue and the dealer attempted the repair twice. They resolved the issue the second time but a short while later, it developed a whine in the rear end. I took it back and they test drove it in a rainstorm. They said they didn't hear anything and I would have to just wait until it got worse. They told me it would do no good to call Ford because they would say the same thing. Having had 30+ years of handling complaints in insurance claims, I did it a little differently.

I wrote a certified letter to Ford outlining my problem and requesting that it be repaired. I got a phone call from Ford in a week and they told me they would check into it and call me back within a week. I heard nothing so I wrote another letter and expressed my disappointment and attached a copy of the first letter. In a week, I got another call and they said they were sorry and would check and get back to me in a week. I again heard nothing and wrote a third letter with a copy of the first two attached. I waited another week and got a call from a manager from Ford begging for an opportunity to resolve the issue. He asked me what other dealer I wanted to take the truck and told me I could leave it there and they would provide a rental. The second dealer drove the truck, heard the noise and order parts for the repair. When they got in the differential, they found that the first dealer had not tightened the carrier bearings and they had to replace everything, including the housing. They repaired it and I have had no other problems. I was surprised that Ford didn't supply complete differential assemblies but they had to order the individual parts and assemble them.

A written letter of complaint is much effective than e-mail or phone call because you have a paper trail that they can't ignore.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It seems we’ve reached the end with Honda Corporate.

Case manager called us back and said the car has a problem but there is no fix at this time. She said the district manager spoke to me and explained this (this is a flat out lie, I don’t even know who he is. Ive been asking for his info for a week). She then said the service manager, regional Honda rep, and the Honda tech line all came to agreement that the problem causing the noise is not a safety issue. I asked WHAT the problem is since three men (who have never looked at the car in person) are willing to say it’s safe. She said they do not actually know what’s causing the noise. So I said “if you don’t know what the problem is, how can you with 100% certainty tell me the car is safe without looking at it?”

She then said the fuel injectors are fine. I said “well that’s great, but those are in the front of the car. The noise is coming from the gas tank at the rear. Also, the last time the vehicle was inspected was on 1/8 and the problem has since gotten worse.”

She said there was nothing she could do so we asked to speak to a supervisor. She said it was the end of her business day (3 pm PST) and said no supervisors are around. She said in order to escalate she has to put in a written request to a supervisor and that could take 2-3 business days. We told her we would not get off the phone until we spoke to someone else. She then hung up.

We called back and requested a different case manager and for a supervisor escalation. The new rep we spoke to said she would have us called by a supervisor tomorrow and that the 2-3 business days was false.

I’m at a loss here.

·
Registered
196 Posts
What do you think the problem is?

Does it greatly reduce the value of your CR-V?

Is the car drive able safely? IE stalling?

·
Banned
353 Posts
Not sure I understand this. Just the other day your posted that the car was fixed and you were happy... http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/167186-ticking-noise-rear-inside-cabin-pump-issue-4.html#post1253970 Now its buy back time?
You must have a serious reading comprehension problem.
Over a month ago he posted the following...
Loosened gas tank straps and repositioned gas tank with foam noise insulators between straps. Noise seems to have subsided. Honda is investigating this known issue and will release a suitable repair in the near future.

I will say that the car was much quieter on the way home. I sat at idle many times during my commute and I couldn’t hear anything. Who knows.. maybe repositioning the gas tank DID solve it.
So the dealership said the noise SEEMS to have SUBSIDED, but Honda is investigating the issue and will hopefully release a SUITABLE REPAIR in the future.

The OP goes on to say that it seemed much quieter ON THE DRIVE HOME FROM THE REPAIR.

Obviously the "fix" was not sufficient.

·
Registered
322 Posts
It seems we’ve reached the end with Honda Corporate.

Case manager called us back and said the car has a problem but there is no fix at this time. She said the district manager spoke to me and explained this (this is a flat out lie, I don’t even know who he is. Ive been asking for his info for a week). She then said the service manager, regional Honda rep, and the Honda tech line all came to agreement that the problem causing the noise is not a safety issue. I asked WHAT the problem is since three men (who have never looked at the car in person) are willing to say it’s safe. She said they do not actually know what’s causing the noise. So I said “if you don’t know what the problem is, how can you with 100% certainty tell me the car is safe without looking at it?”

She then said the fuel injectors are fine. I said “well that’s great, but those are in the front of the car. The noise is coming from the gas tank at the rear. Also, the last time the vehicle was inspected was on 1/8 and the problem has since gotten worse.”

She said there was nothing she could do so we asked to speak to a supervisor. She said it was the end of her business day (3 pm PST) and said no supervisors are around. She said in order to escalate she has to put in a written request to a supervisor and that could take 2-3 business days. We told her we would not get off the phone until we spoke to someone else. She then hung up.

We called back and requested a different case manager and for a supervisor escalation. The new rep we spoke to said she would have us called by a supervisor tomorrow and that the 2-3 business days was false.

I’m at a loss here.
Consult a lawyer and see what your options are- cost etc- I highly doubt Honda will do anything more- they are just waiting for you to go away. Even let us say it is not a safety concern- I would not live with that noise on a brand new car I spent 30k on.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The issue I’m having a hard time wrapping my brain around is the fact that Honda and the dealership said the following:

1. There is a problem with the vehicle.
2. The problem is a “known issue” and there may be a recall in the future.
3. They do not actually KNOW what the problem is.
4. They have deemed my vehicle safe to operate simply because the check engine light is not on and the vehicle is not throwing codes.
5. The people deeming my vehicle safe to operate are going based on the repair from 1/9/18 which has since gotten worse. The vehicle has not been reinspected since.

I cannot trust that the vehicle is safe to drive when Honda Engineering doesn’t even know what the problem IS.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Use the lemon law!!!

Take the vehicle back to the dealer asking for the problem to be repaired. Let them refuse to repair it.

Take it back and do it again. Let them refuse to repair it.

Under lemon laws you must give the dealer a certain number of opportunities to repair the problem. Even if they refuse to work on the car they did have the opportunity.

I would also be clear with the dealer that you are going to use the lemon law. They will probably tell you that it does not apply but their opinion does not count. Go though the steps you have to follow in order to to enforce the lemon law.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don’t think I have enough physical work orders to go lemon law. The dealership refuses to work on the vehicle.
You have to give Honda the opportunity to fix the problem. The fact that they refuse to work on the vehicle is irrelevant. Take it back and ask them to fix it. Do it as many times as your state's lemon law requires.

Also, EVERYTHING IN WRITING from now on. Keep detailed records of dates and times with a good description of what happened. If they refuse to give you a copy of a repair order for your visit, document everyone you talked to, the date, the time, and what was said. Take someone with you to be a witness.

Do not take the dealer's CRAP. Convince them that you are serious and they will become much more willing to work with you.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The issue I’m having a hard time wrapping my brain around is the fact that Honda and the dealership said the following:

1. There is a problem with the vehicle.
2. The problem is a “known issue” and there may be a recall in the future.
3. They do not actually KNOW what the problem is.
4. They have deemed my vehicle safe to operate simply because the check engine light is not on and the vehicle is not throwing codes.
5. The people deeming my vehicle safe to operate are going based on the repair from 1/9/18 which has since gotten worse. The vehicle has not been reinspected since.

I cannot trust that the vehicle is safe to drive when Honda Engineering doesn’t even know what the problem IS.

Does that make sense?
Hope this helps, good luck!

http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/

21 - 40 of 56 Posts