Not really. Doesn't make sense to me. If you adequately described the issue to a technical service person at Honda, I'm fairly certain they know what the problem is and even documented it. Sounds like they don't have a solution to the problem.The issue I’m having a hard time wrapping my brain around is the fact that Honda and the dealership said the following:
1. There is a problem with the vehicle.
2. The problem is a “known issue” and there may be a recall in the future.
3. They do not actually KNOW what the problem is.
4. They have deemed my vehicle safe to operate simply because the check engine light is not on and the vehicle is not throwing codes.
5. The people deeming my vehicle safe to operate are going based on the repair from 1/9/18 which has since gotten worse. The vehicle has not been reinspected since.
I cannot trust that the vehicle is safe to drive when Honda Engineering doesn’t even know what the problem IS.
Does that make sense?
Are you saying any time there isn't a solution or rather an immediate solution to a problem in a vehicle, it isn't safe to drive?