Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to get a 2020 CR-V and it looks like the volume toggle on the steering wheel is more like my wife's '19 Passport (no touch slider for volume, just rocker toggle) and not like my '17 CR-V.

I don't mind the button itself, but for how that left side of the steering control set controls the driver information interface, is it the same as the previous 3 years of CR-V or did they change it like the Passport?

For example:
  • A.) On my '17 CR-V, if I have my trip meter and gas stats showing while driving (which I prefer), and I toggle the 4-way circular button up or down, it will move through my audio sources (AM/FM. BT, CarPlay, etc). I prefer this.
  • B.) On my wife's '19 Passport, when showing the trip and gas stats, up/down does not toggle the sources. I have to first hit the menu button that is to the lower right of that 4-way button and then move to audio and then adjust the sources. What a pain in the rear! Why would they not make it the same as the CR-V?
Anyway, if someone with a 2020 CR-V can tell me if those control operate more like "A" or "B" I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

EDIT: Here's links to photos I found on the web to show what I am referring to:

2019 Wheel:

2020 Wheel:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honda got rid of sensitive wipe for volume on 19+ from clowns who said they couldnt control it easily

17-18 have it
Ok, thanks. On my '17, I mainly use the toggle as well, but I do like the quick swipe downward to quickly mute it.

So even though the button changed, are the menu displays on the driver info screen the same as well? Or did they conform to the Passport-like menu system?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Out of curiosity, may I ask why you're trading your 17 in for a 20? Does it have oil dilution or poor cabin heat?
Sorry I didn't mention it...I'm actually not going to trade my '17. I actually like it a lot. My twin teens will be getting their license soon and we are going to either get them something much older or I'll pass them my '17 and then use that as an excuse to get myself a newer CR-V (or maybe Passport, but leaning to CR-V again).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts