Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here, happy to have found a forum for my CR-V.

My 2013 EX has been super reliable but my wife detests the seats. She uses it in the winter as she feels more confident than the Pilot. We did put Blizzaks on the CR-V and it is a tank in the snow.

So my question is, can I get EX-L seats from a 2012-2015 CR-V and install them into my EX? I presume the wiring is all there just not plugged in as the seats in the EX are manual.

Thanks for the help, looking forward to learning more about what options I have with my CR-V.

Ivan

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
I'd say don't assume the wiring is there. Look in the factory service manual to see what wiring needs to be there, and then look under your seats and see if, like you mentioned, it is there and just not connected. If it's not, though, and you know or can nail down exactly what you need, you might be able to get the wiring harnesses with the seats from a wrecking yard as part of the deal. Also, make sure that there are not variations in the different years' wiring harnesses. That dog could bite too.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,213 Posts
I know they are in a 2018.
I wanted cloth seats in an EX-L and another buyer wanted leather seats in and EX. salesman has the seats swapped and got 2 sales.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,072 Posts
Ivan: Welcome.

I would recommend that you have after market leather with seat heaters added. Katzskin is one well known maker with many outlets, you may also find a great local auto upholstery shop to do the work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts