Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a US produced 09 crv and I have wondered if the "for Japan built vehicles" parts are compatible with my US built vehicle?
I have looked at two differently labeled Honda oem parts and they seem to be identical except for the slightly different oem part numbers
and the Japanese specific ones they seem to be identical to the US built ones.
Anyone here have any experience with using Japan specific parts on a US built vehicle, or vice versa?
Any thoughts on if there is really a big difference in these vehicles built in different continents?
I question this because aftermarket produced parts do not differentiate between Japanese or US built CR-V....they fit both equally.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
On Rock Auto's site, they do differentiate between US and JP for some of the parts they list, so there must be minor differences between the two. Otherwise, most parts I have purchased seemed to be for either one.

·
1,947 Posts
It all depends on what parts you are talking about. V's made in different parts of the world may be right or left hand drive. They may have completely different engines. They may have options not available in other areas. Generation changes are at different years in some areas of the world. Many parts will no doubt be interchangeable, but not all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was more so inquiring about small stuff like brake pads, struts, etc. They all seem to have different part numbers, for Japanese and US built, but they seem to be the same exact fitting parts. Marketing, selling scheme since the specific for Japanese parts are almost always more expensive. For instance, struts are twice the price for Jap vs for US built.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts