Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2008 CR-V EX-L and am very tall, so I sit as far back as I can in the seat and leaned back pretty far.

But even with the steering wheel extended as far out as possible, while leaning back in the seat my elbow doesn't rest well on the flip down arm rest, if it were 2-4 inches longer it would be amazing!

Does anyone know if anyone sells anything like this?

If not, does anyone know if I could angle the arm rest down a couple inches so that it at least is not digging Into the back off my elbow?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
The 2010-11 armrests are wider, but I don't know if they are longer. You could try looking for one on a car lot and measure it. They made an accessory one for the Element that I'm pretty sure will bolt on in CR-V, which is way wider and a little longer. It has a hard plastic top surface with no padding, and that top is a lid, as there is a little storage space inside it. I looked at one of these and for the money it's just not worth it. I'm considering going on eBay, buying a later model (Gen5) center console (they have a large single armrest on top and none mounted on the seats. Or one from an Acura. And then modifying it to fit. But I have a fully equipped shop, and fabrication as well as leatherwork experience too. Or there might be something aftermarket out there that would work, but I've not found it. The center console in my '07 EX-L is pretty much useless. It's too small, has no real usable storage space in it, etc. Next Spring/Summer I plan to do a full audio upgrade, and I will fold this project in with it, so on cold Winter nights I will be busy planning it. When I do it I will post a thread on it.

I would think it's probably not a good idea to extend the stock armrest out longer, as the extended leverage would put too much stress on the single mounting bolt. I also don't think you can modify the ratcheting mechanism to any usable degree. All those things together is why I think the best solution for me is a large center console with big roomy armrest pad on top. Then after removing the seat-mounted ones, I'd make some covers to plug those holes on my lathe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts