Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started to notice the vinyl covering for the drivers side armrest is starting to fall apart. It looks like taking the armrest off is a major undertaking. Could there be a way to just seal the area or coat it with a vinyl repair kit ? Thank you

Attachments

·
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,172 Posts
Welcome to the forum! No, there is no easy fix. However, you can get replacement covers from Amazon or eBay for about $25. Not the easiest job, but not all that difficult, and certainly worth the effort for a complete fix. Note that the one I got is a bit darker than the OE color but not much. Takes a couple hours to do it. I think there are YouTube videos on it. I also got the kit for the seat armrest. Similar but more easily installed.

Note that I am an experienced leather worker, and I have all the tools to do this job by hand. As an alternative you could take this to an upholstery shop, but it won't be cheap. Or, you could go to the Tandy Leather store (we still have them here) with a piece of the original and find a piece to match, then make it yourself, with some hand stitching. Or, instead of leather, use genuine Nauga. In other words, vinyl, from your local fabric store. I could do this easily enough, but the replacement cover is easier. I can live with the slight color difference, which will probably fade a little over time anyway.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
1,884 Posts
OMG Genuine Nauga!....where did you find that?....Thought they were hunted to extinction back in the 70's.
tempFileForShare_2020-07-01-12-57-09.jpg

·
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,172 Posts
When I was a kid, my Dad had a recliner for watching tv, made of the stuff. Whenever he moved, even the slightest little bit, you could hear it. I'd be in the kitchen helping my Mom get supper ready, and I'd say "Uh,oh, that's the nauga," and my Mom would giggle. It was made sure of, in a very determined way, that his next one was fabric-covered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts