Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 6 months I believe that I have FINALLY found the source of a most annoying "low clinking" noise to be coming from my 2018 CRV armrest!
The noise is heard when driving and when stopped. I looked everywhere else in the interior and this seems to be the spot.
Can anyone comment/help me fix this issue please??
:jawdrop:

·
Registered
250 Posts
heck they can't fix my door panels from making noise . they replaced one and it was good for 2 weeks and I went back and they told me they can't do anymore. My arm rest is bad also and slide forward and back with out any force and the wife even complains about it. Honda sells cars that are noisy and they will not fix them, That and the engine issue make my Honda the first and last one, but you can't even trade now unless you give it away...... jim

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Sure. Fill out your profile.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
On a separate note i bought some silicone grease for the center arm rest. I am going to find out why mine squeaks when I rest my arm on it and grease the source of this annoyance.

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I just bought a used 2016 CR-V EX-L that had the same, awful creaking in the armrest. I used this video to help me take off the top part (the sliding part)
, next, I used about 6 felt pads from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D7LQWLX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_e72XDb75VWBY0) and adhered them between the top section and bottom section. I replaced the top section over the felt pads. The creaking is now gone and the console still slides! It must have added just enough resistance and cushion between these two pieces. I hope this helps someone who comes across this forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts