Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First time here on CRV Owners Club as a poster. I was hoping someone can bring some light into my problem. I am planning to replace my armrests on the driver and passenger seats. The problem that is getting me confused is that dealers and parts suppliers seem to list two separate items under armrests with similar description but with different prices and slightly different codes. The parts in question are 81580-SXS-A21ZC ($96) and 81580-SWA-A22ZC ($186) - #20 in the link below. The more expensive ones however do not show any color information.

I am not able to create a link so will mention only that I found parts on the hondavillageparts.com.

Anyone has any thoughts on this or know what the difference is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
What year vehicle are we talking about? Trim level would be nice too so the proper one can be looked up.

Next question, what is your vehicles interior trim code? Generally that is on a sticker on the drivers "B" pillar.

And since we dont know what year or anything else about the vehicle specifics, the 1st letter or number of the VIN would be helpful as well as sometimes parts vary by the country the vehicle was made in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did not add year and trim level because did not realize they are important. Anyway, I have 2007 CRV EX-L. VIN number starts with J. I will check the interior trim code and respond.

·
Registered
212 Posts
According to the Honda Parts store, 81580-SXS-A21ZC (cheaper) is the "Armrest Assembly", and 81580-SWA-A22ZC is the "Armrest". What the difference is, it does not say, and both use the same object number on the parts diagram.

At a guess, the "Assembly" includes the pin and washer, as well as the armrest itself. The other is only the armrest itself. Honda parts can be backwards in pricing this way, where you get more parts at once for less money.

I would suggest calling the place and asking what is included in the "Assembly" version to make sure it has the armrest.

https://estore.honda.com/honda/parts/view-honda-parts-catalog.asp?m=2007-cr-v-5-ex-l-2wd-5at&dl=
Select Interior/Bumper, then Front Seat (l) to see where I was looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts