Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope to contribute to this forum as an expert in paintless dent repair and hail damage repair. Especially handling insurance claims. I bring 22 years in PDR, 35 years total in auto recon, micro repair, etc,,,,,

Also a proud owner converted to a dent mobile. pete

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll post a photo when I get home. So far I've never paid anybody to do anything to my crv. It's all been DIY but if you say it should be handled professionally, I'll take your word for it

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's so hard to capture the true dread of the dent with the camera! ;)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
They're all shallow but the largest is probably 1.5 in diameter, the smallest being a quarter inch

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those dents should be repairable with very little indication the damage was ever there. A pro would charge between $150-300. I would not even know where to start to help you with DIY, most times people end up with more damage than they started with. I can try to help you find a qualified technician if you PM me your location or post it here. Also try PDR Nation. Good luck

·
Registered
92 Posts
where are you located?

In your experience pdr for Honda's have you experienced issues with the paint afterwards? most of my body guys do not recommend pdr on Honda given how the paint is so then and inflexible compared to euro vehicles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm near Buffalo NY. When done correctly, paint is never an issue regardless of the brand. A repair gone bad can result in small cracks in the paint/clear coat or excessive wet sanding to mask a bad repair. Glue pulling dents is an newer/alternative method to traditional PDR, sometimes paint can be pulled right off the car (not good) but Honda paint/clear holds up well. Subaru is notorious for easily pulled paint.

I have worked on many Hondas, big dents, hail damage, you name it. One off the best vehicles to work on IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts