Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a used 2013 C RV with the 4 cylinder that has about 90 k on the odometer, my question is what is the recommended interval for changing the timing belt and tensioners( and water pump) ? What is a fair price as well? The price is right and it is super clean . Just want to know what kind of monies I may have to spend ?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Those ngk 5787 ilzkr7b-11s spark plugs can be had for around $5/plug for 4 plugs = $20 includes shipping and handling. They are pretty easy to do yourself on the CRV. :D

Pretty easy to do yourself. Look it up on youtube, etc.
Use a quality motor oil (syntheitc is preferred) of the recommended viscosity and a quality oil filter and do the recommended changes or each and you should have a vehicle that last for many years.
Don't forget to check out the ATF fluid.
Water pump and timing chain should be good for quite some time if the proper oil and changes were done.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
DISREGARD!! Can't figure out this NEW system!! :eek:

Those ngk 5787 ilzkr7b-11s spark plugs can be had for around $5/plug for 4 plugs = $20 includes shipping and handling. They are pretty easy to do yourself on the CRV. :D
BE SURE to check to make sure that is the proper number for your spark plugs!!! :eek:

Pretty easy to do yourself. Look it up on youtube, etc.
Use a quality motor oil (syntheitc is preferred) of the recommended viscosity and a quality oil filter and do the recommended changes or each and you should have a vehicle that last for many years.
Don't forget to check out the ATF fluid.
Water pump and timing chain should be good for quite some time if the proper oil and changes were done.
Buffalo4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts