Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I changed the atf filter on my 2011 crv -replaced honda oem filter with a magnefine filter which has a built in magnet and will do a better job of cleaning atf fluid -if you research this filter you will find lots of positive reviews on it and it is an easy swap. It will fit in same place as the original - I just used original bracket and tie-wrapped it instead of using original bolt so as to not over tighten around filter. I also cut open oem filter which had 65k miles on it -it was dirty -not terrible but definitely in need of changing in my opinion.To access this filter -put front of car up on ramps, pull rear lower black plastic under cover and you will see filter right there in center -flow goes from passenger side towards driver side.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I didnt take any of opened old filter because it really wouldnt show anything much -it was a dark brown color with some small particulate matter in it -how much really small stuff in there who knows but it looked somewhat dirty to me -if your v has 50k or more I would either change it with oem or switch to Magnefine -its really easy to do and should help transmission life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts