Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 EX AWD 95k

This is my daughter's car I bought for her 3 years ago with 75k. I have changed the ATX fluid when first purchased and ever year (3 qts.) If driven with a very light foot it does not slip. If you try to accelerate quickly it acts like it is in neutral - engine revs but no acceleration, warm or cold. There has been no issues with the ATX until this point making this problem baffling.

The fluid level was a little low on the dipstick so I added 8 oz. of fluid - this made no difference. I do not get a blinking light for D4 so there are no codes to read.

I did a search and assume that if there was a sensor problem I would get a check engine light (which I do not). There is a lot of discussion on fluid change and as mentioned I do it every year and the fluid has never been black or smelled bad and there has been little on the magnetic plug.

I did find an inline filter at the bottom of the radiator PN 25430-PLR-003 that I will replace along with a 3 qt. fluid change - as I have no idea where to proceed from here except go to a shop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick
2005 CR-V
2008 CR-V
2008 Odyssey
2011 Accord MT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I am using Honda fluid. I checked my records and I changed it 2x when I first bought it and then once a year after that.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,895 Posts
There could be a blockage in the transmission solenoids that are externally mounted to the trans. That will cause slow engagement, or shift 'flair'.

Specifically, the blockage would probably be in the gaskets (which incorporate screens). # 6 and # 8, below.

The solenoids can be removed, and the gasket-screens cleaned, then re-installed.

http://tinyurl.com/j4h4om3

It won't cost you anything (unless you tear one) so it's worth a try!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a code for shift solenoid b stuck on. Drained the fluid and ran it through a coffee filter and there was no metal. Shift solenoid had the proper resistance and clicked when 12v was applied. Changed the ATF filter that filters the fluid from the radiator (22$ from Amazon). Measure the resistance of the other shift solenoids, the temp sensor and the clutch solenoids - all within spec. Decided to replace shift solenoid b. Ended up putting 5.5 qts DW-1 (discount if you buy a case -12 qts). First test drive there was still slippage - much better than before. Added another 0.5 qts of fluid and checked the codes and pending code, there were none. Test drove again and this time now slippage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts