Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new 2019 CRV-EX. I'm learning about all of the new electronic "gizmos". One thing (so far) has me puzzled. What does the 3'09" represent on the audio/information screen? The numbers vary from time to time. It is on the right side of the display about 1/2 down on the screen. Refer to the screenshot.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Just got a new 2019 CRV-EX. I'm learning about all of the new electronic "gizmos". One thing (so far) has me puzzled. What does the 3'09" represent on the audio/information screen? The numbers vary from time to time. It is on the right side of the display about 1/2 down on the screen. Refer to the screenshot.

Thanks
3'09" stands for 3 min 9 sec.

When using SiriusXM you will often see the number with a negative sign, as shown below.
Sirius.JPG

That means the song is playing 1 min 35 sec behind the live broadcast. As you choose different station presets, the lag will vary, and there's a reason.

When the audio system powers up, it starts recording all the songs being broadcast on the channels you chose for the 12 channel preset buttons. It will record up to 60 minutes on the channel you're listening to and 30 minutes on the other 11, then start over-writing. When you select a channel, the audio system will start the song being played at the beginning. If the song is at the 1 min 35 sec mark, the system will skip back that amount and display -01'35". When you select another channel, the system again skips back the required amount for the song in progress. Hence the varying lags as you change channels.

When the audio system powers down all recordings are erased. Each time it's powered up, nothing has yet been recorded, so the system can't skip back and songs on all preset channels will start playing live part way through and "Live" will display. But when you later change channels you'll start seeing the lags reappearing.

If a lag is displayed and you want to go live, simply press the channel preset button a second time for the channel being listened to. If you want to rewind press << on the Skip button, to fast forward press >>.

Here's another neat feature:
If you answer the phone via the audio system, the Sirius channel you're listening to will pause and then resume where it left off when the call is completed. E.g. If the call lasts 5 min, the channel will then lag an additional 5 min when it resumes. Note that only Sirius channels are recorded, not AM or FM radio stations.

Enjoy your new entertainment system!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3'09" stands for 3 min 9 sec.

When using SiriusXM you will often see the number with a negative sign, as shown below.
View attachment 137602

That means the song is playing 1 min 35 sec behind the live broadcast. As you choose different station presets, the lag will vary, and there's a reason.

When the audio system powers up, it starts recording all the songs being broadcast on the channels you chose for the 12 channel preset buttons. It will record up to 60 minutes on the channel you're listening to and 30 minutes on the other 11, then start over-writing. When you select a channel, the audio system will start the song being played at the beginning. If the song is at the 1 min 35 sec mark, the system will skip back that amount and display -01'35". When you select another channel, the system again skips back the required amount for the song in progress. Hence the varying lags as you change channels.

When the audio system powers down all recordings are erased. Each time it's powered up, nothing has yet been recorded, so the system can't skip back and songs on all preset channels will start playing live part way through and 00'00" will display. But when you later change channels you'll start seeing the lags reappearing.

If a lag is displayed and you want to go live, simply press the channel preset button a second time for the channel being listened to. If you want to rewind press << on the Skip button, to fast forward press >>.

Here's another neat feature:
If you answer the phone via the audio system, the Sirius channel you're listening to will pause and then resume where it left off when the call is completed. E.g. If the call lasts 5 min, the channel will then lag an additional 5 min when it resumes. Note that only Sirius channels are recorded, not AM or FM radio stations.

Enjoy your new entertainment system!
Thanks for the quick reply. That is pretty cool. I don't know if I missed that when I read the manual - or is just isn't there.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. That is pretty cool. I don't know if I missed that when I read the manual - or is just isn't there.
The info is on P. 295 of the 2019 Owners Manual. I assume you received that (in addition to the abbreviated Owners Guide).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The info is on P. 295 of the 2019 Owners Manual. I assume you received that (in addition to the abbreviated Owners Guide).
Thanks again. I found it. I guess I missed it when I was reading through the manual. Like I said before, there's a lot of new electronics to learn about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts