Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, anxiously waiting for delivery of my EX, hopefully next week. I have a question about audio interface. I'm a bit of a Luddite, no smart phone yet. That means the Android or Apple Car Play isn't an option for me at this time. I have a SanDisk MP3 that I used on my 2010 Civic through the AUX port, but of course the new CR-V doesn't have one. Assuming I have the USB cable, can that be used with the USB port in the console? I expect I won't be able to use the touch screen to manipulate the player, but that's OK if I can play it through the speakers. Appreciate any input.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The answer really depends on the behavior of the MP3 player - but if you plug it into a computer and it usually shows up as an external drive (like a thumb drive or SD card) then most likely the radio will see it like a thumb drive and simply read the mp3 files off of it. The upside is that the regular radio controls would work. Because the radio will treat it like a thumb drive and not a music player - odd formats that the MP3 player could handle wouldn't be supported - just the standard MP3 files from the radio. Again, it depends on how the player shows up to the radio.

·
Registered
511 Posts
If it won't read the old device try moving all your music to a usb drive. It should be read as files allowing you to enjoy your music.
Good luck and keep us informed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. The Sandisk MP3 does show up as a drive on the computer, although I can't play songs that way. So I won't know for sure until the vehicle arrives and I get the proper patch cord. I'll post with results, hopefully by the end of next week!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts