Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 CRV. Got in it this morning and nothing was coming out of the speakers, although the radio was on and the display was fine. It acted like the volume was increasing, although there was no sound. When I tried to change the station, nothing happened, so then I tried changing the input, and all that showed was the CD or bluetooth. So I listened to an audiobook that I happened to have in the CD, and the audio was fine, but I wasn't a fan of the book lol, so I went to change it again. This time, bluetooth was my only option. Except when I turned on the music on my phone, again, no sound came out of the speakers.

Is this a fuse issue? I need to get the oil changed and have an appointment on Friday for that (honestly, it feels like the car is holding me hostage til the oil is changed :p), but I'd like to be prepared when I go in...like, should I get the dealer to do it? Or is it easy enough for someone with no knowledge (me!) to change the fuse? TIA!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
It may not work this time but most electronics sometimes need a reboot to work properly. I had found that if I disconnect the power or remove the battery and let the thing restart from scratch, the problem frequently corrects itself. This has worked on my DVR, Smartphone, TV,, etc. and even my car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts