Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the EX-L trim (i.e. no sub woofer), and have been trying to mess with the audio settings to get the best possible sound and was wondering if anyone was able to get their tuner settings (bass/treble/balance/etc.) to their liking. My main complaint, coming from a car that I felt had a great sound system, is the lack of bass/tinny(?) noise when music is played at higher volumes. Just wanted to see what others thought.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking more in general, can you use a different setting for each source? I mostly use XM and audio through carplay.

·
Registered
185 Posts
XM is horrible. It will never sound good. The better the system, the more clearly apparent it will be how horrible it sounds.

What source are you using on CarPlay?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Music and podcasts.

With the car I knew I wasn't going to get the best sound across the board (including XM), I was just hoping to see what people were able to do to get the best out of what we have. I was looking for something like (3 bars on bass, 4 bars on treble, etc.)

·
Registered
16 Posts
pick up our crv last night , I am playing my iphone ,eq set to rock in the phone and I think the stereo sounds great ,I have the bass turned down to about a 1/4 ,mid one line above mid ,treble 3 lines above

·
Registered
626 Posts
While the sound system is lacking from my upgraded Nissan Frontier, it is much better than my wife's RAV4. That thing sucks! I agree the XM radio sound is much worse than any other vehicle I've had it in. Not sure why there is such a difference between the sound sources. I'm listening mostly to Pandora through Apple CarPlay and music on my phone. I have the sound settings as follows: bass, mid and treble are all set on 10 (three bars above ctr. mark). This seems to sound best to me. I've toyed with adding a sub or amp to stock hu and spkrs. but then I hear a particular song that really sounds good and I think, eh why bother? I'm also usually listening with vol. at around 20 (I'm usually only one in car). Mine is also EX-L. As always remember, YMMV.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Not sure why there is such a difference between the sound sources.
I'm sure it's the compression/bit rate that varies between the different sources. I'm guessing XM is pretty compressed. It's like listening to a lossless mp3 vs a low bit rate mp3.

Sometimes I'm amazed at how much better a CD sounds vs the mp3s I usually listen to.

All the equalizing in the world won't make crappy source material sound like good source material.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts