Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say Hi to the Austin CR-V owners. Does anyone know of driving trails to take the cr-v around here or a couple of hours out of Austin.
I just came back from Big Bend and took my crv down Glen Springs road and Pine Canyon road and it was fun being out there. I might do the river road west to east next time I am out there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How long you been here? Plenty of places to take nice drives.
Go out to the Oasis and keep going down that road towards Hippie Hollow out to Volente and ride around the lake.
Willow City Loop road down from Llano. Enchanted Rock from there down to Fredricksburg.
Look up motorcycle roads in Texas and just take those.

·
Premium Member
2018 EX-L fwd
1,006 Posts
Still hope you are interested.

Try this loop:
Austin US 290 west to Fredericksburg.
Fredericksburg TX 16 south through Kerrville to Medina.
Medina FM 337 west to Camp Wood.
Camp Wood TX 55 north to Rocksprings / Devil's Sinkhole Natural Area.
Rocksprings TX 41 east to Hunt.
Hunt TX 39 east to Kerrville.
Back to Austin.

Total distance approx 400 miles.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If any of you are still around, please go to your Account settings/Details Page, where you will find spaces to enter your location (city, state, country, etc.) and vehicle information (Year, trim level, etc.). Fill those in and save. Then it will all display in your Avatar, like you can see it in mine (hover over my flag to see my location).

I'm in Austin, too. Former 4x4 owner and sport bike rider. Been here for 35 years. There are a lot of good roads to ride. Not that many dirt trails I know of. I also used to live in Hunt. A good scenic drive is on 27, along the river, both east and west of Kerrville. I lived in a river cabin a couple of miles west of Hunt. Beautiful area. Stayed caught up on my fishing the whole time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts