Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 2012 CRV EXL when using auto ac it always runs in recirculate mode - only time it doesn't is when the outside temp is below the inside temp setting, but as soon as the ac comes on it switches to recirculate. If i try to switch it to fresh air mode it goes of auto setting:confused:
Anyone else have that same condition
Typically I run the car in Eco mode but it doesn’t seam to make any difference

Thanks for the feedback

Graeme

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi. The AC system will run in re-circ mode that majority of the time until it can reach and maintain the Cabin temp within a degree or 2 of the set point. Re-circ mode turns the air over in the Cabin and thus is easier and more energy efficient to lower the temp. It's far easier to lower the Cabin temperature using air that has already been cooled vs cooling tons of fresh air. Also; in regards to the ECO button; What the ECO button does is, it changes the rate and frequency that the AC compressor cycles based on current driving conditions to gain the best MPG's. The system takes into account the outside Temperature reading as well as the interior reading and uses that temperature Delta to select the most efficient cooling or heating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts