Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 2 days in with my new hybrid very pleased but after 13 years driving only fords I am having some problems adjusting
the only way to get the auto handbrake to work is to turn on brake hold
is this right?
I only ask as the salesman told me I do not need to use the brake hold as the auto handbrake will do everything
I have read the manual
but would like your help

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you I had watched that video
So the auto handbrake is for when you are parked
And the brake hold is for when you are driving

Premium Member
Brake hold is not going to be a E-Brake, when the seat belt is off, so does the Brake hold. you want the Parking Brake On, walk in and out, just take not you will hear a funny noise when you turn off and start the car, that is the Motors on the rear wheel locking in and out. I been there and done that with the Newer cars. good luck when you need to do some drifting... Joking.

The. Admin. Istrator.
thank you I had watched that video
So the auto handbrake is for when you are parked
And the brake hold is for when you are driving
Precisely!

Glad you are enjoying your new CR-V Hybrid! Get some pics up!

Oh, and slap the salesman and tell him to quit his job! The tool clearly has no idea!

Reactions: BoostedV

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will do the pictures once the rain stops
I am waiting for the dealer for me to go in and get some help from one of their service staff to try and get the android auto working and my honda link
As I can't work it out

The. Admin. Istrator.
Android Auto is craptacular.

Now, I either stream stuff wirelessly over bluetooth, or use the good old method of the USB stick / thumbdrive. I find the Garmin satnav fine for my needs to be honest.

And in any case - what did folks do before CrApple Car Play and Android Auto came out - thats right, read street signs!

Did you get the Honda Dongle too?

The. Admin. Istrator.
You'll get bored of it pretty quickly.

I took it out of my 2019 Civic and also my current CR-V. Darn thing is sat in the spare wheel well doing nothing!

Reactions: CRV4575
1 - 9 of 9 Posts